Reviews for the road to thebes
growing-up chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I just read that outloud to one of my best friends and she didn't understand the Oedipus Rex reference at first. I explained it and she told me-

Artists are nutters, who have to make pictures to explain things.

I tend to agree.

This was good, i love the classical reference, i love the blatant sexuality, i love the short and blunt ness of it.
Isca chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Good God. That's brilliant incest.
servatis-a-pereculum chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Interesting...I'm not sure why, but I really like this. I can't put my finger on it, but there's definitely something about it.

Although if this is a haiku, I think you got the syllables wrong (isn't it 5-7-5?).
Next Exit chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
beautiful, shocking. definetley an original summary of oedipus.
primal injection chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
for something that has "failed" in its descrption I have to say that its really fucking successful. Really hard hitting lines.

Great work.
A. J. Krautwurst chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
what a literary slash. it's beautiful, and brilliant, and packs such a punch. i guess it's not a haiku at all, but that doesn't give it any less value. i love, love it.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
twisted and powerful.. well done
Travis C. Eckert chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Really don't comprehend it. Guess thats why in your summary you said "failed haiku".
account not in use chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
ha i don't why but this is like listening to that pretty girl in second block english laugh ohsobitterly.

(hm...)
Black and White Dreams chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Creepy... *shivers* Nice job though.
if sighing chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
I would have loved to have my english teacher this year teach Oedipus. It would have been so much deeper and involved, but what has passed has passed. Now to the poem.

Failed haiku huh? Oh well, go modern! I'm sure you can have a four-line haiku, especially since the last line is so short. I've even see one line haiku.

Oh, I love how you twist ancient myths/plays/tragedies with modern aspects. It's screaming and bitter, and oh so frank.

(how did this end up so long?)
Chaos Apple chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
You've crammed it all into four short lines-but it's as beautiful as it could ever be.

Wonderful job. I love it.

Alice
stashedlover chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
yours are just as great (:

i always loved the way you put things in clean cut terms
The Melancholy Cocoa Bean chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
'mazing. so deep. its almost like you fitted the whole myth (without the sphinx n shit) in 4 lines. i envy people who can do that.
lackluster chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
oh, the lust. this is really sexy in the wrong way, but who cares what's wrong and right, anymore.
44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »