Reviews for You are Budding and Bright
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
That was stunning. I love the "sunflower eyes" as well as the "your hands folding crinkled leaves" and the "rining gold bells."

The last two lines blew me away.

You have exceptional talent.

Never stop writing.
emergency room romantic chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
oh my god, this is incredible. i love your writing for the purebeauty conveyed through so few words. you have immense talent, and i adore everything you write.

the imagery and wording of this is simply ... stunning. it rushes forth and hits hard, simply beautifully. i love this - the images, the language. absolutely lovely poem.
toxic-noodle725 chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
i loved the sunflower eyes part. great poem.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
this is, quite simply, a masterpiece.

few words, yes, but wow they blow you away. seriously. how do you do it. "sunflower eyes" ..."quaking water" its all such a beautiful concuction of words and images...sensational. wow i dont think ive ever used that word before, but this really deserves it.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
I really enjoyed the sunflower eyes imagery - it makes me think of being wide eyed and almost innocent.

My favorite part was the last two stanza's: "My legs, quaking water/trickled down your thirsty veins." I love that. Beautiful piece, keep up the good work and update soon.

Much love,Juliet.
drippingdreams chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
As always, beautiful, original imagery. I love "sunflower eyes" and "hands folding crinkled leaves." I love that it's so up to interpretation, too.
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Beautiful. I love it.
Coveredinblood11 chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Omg...this is so beautiful. Please, keep writing.
diffident chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
In all honesty, this is beyond gorgeous. The juxtaposition of the brevity and the subtly complex matphors is just brilliant. "You flashed me sunflower eyes / this morning; / your hands folding like crinkled leaves, / your smile ringing like gold bells." The contentedness of this is just so... there. Quiet, but apparent. "My legs, quaking water, / trickled down your thirsty veins." So brilliant. Wonderful job, this is.

marie