Reviews for politics 211
sporkofdoom chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
My favorite parts of this were 'ballroom dancing is an art form not/ a war game' and the beginning in parenthesis, but overall, I like some of your other work better.
caralita chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
wow. the visuals in the last part are so vivid, and you used so few words, good job on this
a lonely september chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
this is so bitter, you can taste it. but there's you in there. you can always know it's you writing the poetry because there's something so magnificent about it.
lackluster chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
the most brilliant opening line. maybe i'm exagerating, but i'm in love with it for the moment.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Some great images in this one. Bitter coffee and women and silence...that's nice. "i tear between your teeth" - that's just this strong image that I can't get out of my head. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Wonderful sound. Such biting truth, and it brings the situation alive in so few words. Excellent work.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
The war motif and sense of bitterness is expertly done and very fierce. Loved the diction and format.
Elenive chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
"but you're quick on your feet and hard on my heels."

Amazing.

Elenive
UnfortunateSoul chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
I like political casualty! I think the middle was a little disconnected but the form and ideals behind it were complete. 'You talk barbed wire'
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
It's admirable how you twist the words into a story like this...it's the form I suppose that's always striking."you talk barbed wire" what an idea! I love it! Or then coffee, women and silence...all bitter...every single little detail like this gives a lot of insight into the story, and it's tone. Excellent :). love, Mia
lavenderfoxdaisy chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
THIS IS REALLY METAPHORICAL AND AN ASTONISHING PEICE OF WORK. YOU HAVE PUT ACROSS THE TENSION BETWEEN TWO OPPOSITES REALLY WELL. WELL DONE
Aquafied chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
violent

makes me want a cup of tea
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
"(this silence is bitter, the way you take your coffee and your women)" - Brilliant line; seductive and barbed and so. addictive. I love that line like nothing else, it opens the poem up and makes it feel so much more complicated than my brain would like.

"you talk barbed wire" - And you own my heart. That line is beyond pretty. Its temptation because I want to steal it and claim that *I* came up with it; it's so damn beautiful and just owns my heart at this point, I'd go as far as to say my favorite line in the whole poem.

"never the way you want me to." - The middle may have seemed disconnected but this brought it back home and just, gah!, utter love for that line. It's beautiful and wicked and like Aphrodite/Someone-Very-Pretty (Audrie Hephrburn? Marilyn Monroe? Whatever. Mybrainhurts.) pretty.

Just, Oh. My. God. Can I just wibble in my corner and pretend I can come up with something as poignant and beautiful and eye-candy pretty as those lines were? I love it; I'm adding it; this is too pretty for my mind to take seriously. Nothing could be as beautiful-pretty as this was and still hold a fringe of agression/meloncholy. It just can't.

[ fav]

* Noelle
Talyth chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
I like this a lot. I usually like your poems, though. Keep it up.
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
I like the condescending tone of this poem. It’s biting and stark. However, I found the first lines, the ones in the parenthesis (parentheses? I always forget which word is right…), a bit cliché and unoriginal – which surprises me, because every other word you’ve written has always struck me as refreshingly innovative. Like all your work, this is well done, but it is not your best.