Reviews for A Void Medium
Mockingbyrd's Tune chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
You have described the nondescript attributes of gray; how oxymoronic. Fantastic!

It was intriguing how you used the senses to create your definition of gray. You wrote, “Nothingness is what I feel.” That referred back to the physical touch (“texture”), but also tied it to the emotional significance. Clever.

One can definitely correlate silence and nothingness with lifelessness.

Great work! M.T.
Shasta Valentine chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
really good.

i mean really good.

and i dont know what else i can say.

i can relate.

and i like all of the gradients you used.

-sv
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
You won Fight For Freebie, so I pick you (as one of the contestants) to give it to :P

"of silence that I hear,"

I am not too sure, but I think "the silence" would sound a bit better

I wasn't too hot on the repetition of the word "median". I dont really think it contributed with anything other than feeling like bad repetition. Because you are already pretty repetitive and one-toned in this piece, I think you should be vary with repeating the same words too. At least with distinct words. Its easier to catch them being repeated (and thus easier to get an awkward feel from it)

Now to the good:

"In this deafening roar

of silence that I hear,"

I very much like this line. Very descriptive and to the point, and isn't it oh so true? :P Silence can be deafening but this is the first time I have heard it being a "roar". Credit to you for being original. Booyah!

It was an overall solid piece, but I wouldn't say it compares well to the other stuff of yours I have read (this is older though, so good for you for having evolved :D)

I like the title btw. It drew me in. I don't know why but it justs fits together (void and medium).

- Frac
LyricsArePoetry chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Wow! This poem is great!
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
I think you’ve done a nice job crafting something that almost anyone can relate too. I, for one, know exactly that in-between place you are describing. Keep up the good work!