Reviews for Thy Kingdom Come
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
I love the concept behind this.. its beautiful and that makes the imagery in this piece beautiful.. awesome write
Bita-chan chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Gorgeous. *sighs with envy* I want your talent.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
wow thats one vision to have, this would make an amazing story...I mean really its been so long since ive done the whole fantasy and fairy tale trip this was a really refreashing and exciting piece to read. instantly, from the first line I was like: wow.

"Feathers and dust on the ivory keys"...beautiful imagery, makes me want to draw it it just sounds so sepia and delicious.

"Her hair smelt of brandy and summer solstice(The thawing of snow)" this is an intense image, i love it. it fills the senses so completely...espeacilly the line "thawing of snow" very cleverly put together.

"Now the falling leaves swirl around him"...no more needs to be said really to completely grasp that saddening image...really well done.

my only critism is the last line, it was sad to read such a line at the end of such a beautiful and intense poem. "His scars reflected in her failure to love him appropriately" appropriately, althouh it explains everything and the story behind it all ( well im assuming that, maybe she abused him? maybe im being thick hehe) its just such a wordy word, and it jars the ending a bit. ideas: correctly or aptyly...but still even this doesnt ruin the rest of the poem.

simply beautiful imagery, like ive said its felt like I was reading into a fairytale...yet at the same time if i interpted the last line right about the abuse, then its something just as modern. This is really well done, I really enjoy your poetry as such a refreashing break from the TeEnAgE AnGsT on here sometimes it becomes a bit too much and you just need something like this to read!

Also wanted to thanks you for your reviews, they really mean more to me than about 20 thoughtless reviews. And i just realised i never answered your question, hsh stands for her space holiday the band/singer. check him out and get ready to fall in love.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
That is one gorgeous piece of poetry, I have to say that. The images in this and the picture you've created is insanely amazing and unreal. That scene just blows my mind. My only suggestion, and this is super minor, would be to change the classification of the poem from "life" to "fantasy," just because it seems so much like a fantasy poem. Beautiful work. Keep writing! :)
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
I can honestly say this was a beautiful poem. You really have a way with imagery. I can almost imagine the music lamenting for the little boy; wonderful piece.
An-Author-At-Heart chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
OMG I LOVE THIS POEM! This is SO beautiful. The writing style is fantatic, it is fanastically written. The descriptions are so well done, I can picture the image so vividly in my head. Everything about this is gorgeous, the meaning behind it, the words, the ideas... I love it, it's so deep. I love that touch of music in it - my goodness this is just so good! You've got some awesome talent here. Be proud of herself! That vision you had was pretty sweet, I must say, some awesome creativity at work... Awesome job, keep up the great work!