Reviews for Cadaver Chasing
Stalin's Inner Child chapter 2 . 1/5/2007
Hey, this was pretty good. I really like the concept, and the individual tone of the story. The sparse narrative really helps it stand out, and the metaphors for the burial were great and not at all overdone. I'll try to make time to read the rest if it if you post more. I really have no complaints.
lesseninglessons chapter 2 . 10/4/2006
I can't wait to see how this story will unfold. From the very beginning (as cliché as it is to show a dramatic situation and then flash-back to "it all started when ...") your style's full of little quirky and original touches that I totally loved: Comparing everything to "a cheesy movie", the name Glasses, self-ironically pointing out that this is so weird the average reader would just put the story down and walk away ... Day One, with its more slow-paced, melancholy reflections and subtler humor, makes a nice contrast to the frantic opening scene. Lloyd is well characterized, in particular I liked the way he imagined being buried alive as a symbol of his guilt and marital doubts. You make good use of fragmented sentences ("Pull the car out of park. Punch down the emergency break.") to underline the monotony of Lloyd's actions.