Reviews for Power of Shadows
TheRealEvanSG chapter 6 . 10/31/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Mysterious MD chapter 15 . 1/14/2011
This is a great story. It's kind of sad for Derrick. Many people just hate him right off the bat and he gets thrown around like a rag doll by Evaline. Thankfully he does have some friends, and at least he is good at combat training, though not as good as Evaline. I look forward to reading more, keep up the good writing.
ForgottenTales chapter 15 . 9/9/2010
I loved this. Poor Derrick. He has no idea how to use magic, and he's expected to do "better" next time? And if he gets hurt he won't be healed?

I feel his frustration. He is esentially trapped in an unknown world where he is hiding a secret that could get him killed, and things are expected from him that he is unable to perform.

I do wonder if Derrik can use magic. It'll be interesting if he never developes the ability to, but considering that they came for him due to sensing his powers, I guess not.

It was really interesting, and I liked Derrik alot. :) Do hope you'll continue this soon.
SkinandBones chapter 15 . 7/19/2010
Great stuff! I hope to see some updates soon!
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 10 . 1/30/2010
“Hey Elyx! Whose the white?”

“Shut up Taden.” One of the other boys said and turned to address Derrick... More correctly: "Hey, Elyx!" and "Shut up, Taden," one fo the other boys said...

This is almost right: Thotan turned back to Derrick and barked. “You, boy, come with me. Now.” 'Boy', direct address, is set off with commas. You still need one after 'barked', though: Thotan turned back to Derrick and barked, “You, boy, come with me. Now.”
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 5 . 1/21/2010
somehow attributed to their hair color? Attributed or correlated? Does the hair color **cause** the magic or does it just go along with it? Derrik may not know the difference between the two words, but wouldn't the old woman?

Bleach/hair. Interesting. Have you tried this? I don't think it will work. What sort of magor does D. look like now?
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 3 . 1/21/2010
“Okay shadow-hair,” the woman said in perfect English. In perfect English, the direct address would be set off with commas, or one comma and the beginning or end of the sentence, as is the case here. More correctly: “Okay, shadow-hair,” the woman said in perfect English. You do get the rest of the punctuation right.
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
"Think it's a trap?" The white haired man said.

"No, I think it's an invitation." His friend said darkly. This construction leaves the who said it part of what should be an integrated dialogue assignment sentence dangling off alone as sentence fragments. More correctly: "Think it's a trap?" the white haired man said.

"No, I think it's an invitation," his friend said darkly.
xClutteredxChaosx chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
I really like this chapter so far, it's unique and interesting. Can't wait to read more ! :)
Zethieka chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I love the way that you described the whole war! it was great!
Arabea chapter 14 . 6/30/2008
Okay, that so can't be the end...I really love the story though! Definitely don't abandon it!
Arabea chapter 12 . 6/30/2008
Action-packed awesomeness! lol - great chapter!
Arabea chapter 11 . 6/28/2008
Great story so far. Can't wait to finish it!
Arabea chapter 8 . 6/27/2008
I liked the story. lol.
Arabea chapter 7 . 6/26/2008
I sure hope it's not another magical school story. I'm kinda tired of those. this is a great story so far!
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »