Reviews for Suspension
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
this is phenomenal. you pull off the alliteration beautifully [none of the words feel like they were placed there simply for their beginning letter, if you know what i mean] and the imagery in here is extremely rich. and the language, god. i love it.
T. Rowland chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
exceptional! i don't know what to say other than i enjoyed reading every word, and, then again. very powerful.
sporkofdoom chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
This was completely amazing. The alliteration was mind-blowing and the ending is fantastic.
ossining chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
Holy alliteration! I love it, because I love alliteration and am especially fond of the letter S (as you can see by my penname...also, my real first and last names start with S). "sprint secretly/from steel to sex" has to be my favorite alliteration in the poem. The whole thing is wonderful, and just because you used all that S alliteration without it getting annoying, I am favoriting. Keep writing! :)
beti213 chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
wow. well-conceived... and gorgeous.I have to be honest with you-the first stanza was hard for me to read. It's thick, full of metaphor and imagery and takes a while to then (thank goodness!) that turns out to be intentional-a tool to contrast with the second stanza and mimic the theme of the second stanza is absolutely brilliant. I especially liked "slitting their own skins for sanctity" and "sprint secretly from steel to sex." every generation probably felt like they were lost, but I think we're up there in the ranks of confusion. I love this poem-reeks of youth and city and manic energy. well done.
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
you use the language in a very unique way, like me!

I like the way you piece some of your sentences together, they're worth reading.

Alan.