Reviews for Necessary Choices
your harbor chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
Great story you have here. Although it's not a normal story I would read but that's just a matter of taste... anyway, great job.
palomino-lover chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
I glanced over this and it seemed intresting so I printed it off and I shall read it later. t seems very well written with a great story idea. keep it up! P.S. Please, everyone go to my account and read The Mystery of the Disappearing Horses and A Chance For Devil's Dream! I need hits and reviews, thanks bye!
kittykat91419 chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
I did enjoy reading this story, but I feel obligated to point out that gender issues such as this are very seldom genetic. Even in the cases of trisomy (or singularity) of sexual chromosomes, there are extremely predictable patterns to go by (XO is a non-developing female,YO will not survive early pregnancy, X is extremely female, XYY is "supermale," XXY is generally a rather feminine male, etc). Only in the case of extreme chimaerism would something like this be scientifically evident at that point in pregnancy. There is some breaking evidence of genetic response in autosomes to sex chromosomes that leads to some evidence that gender may not be as simple as the chromosomal understanding we currently have, but rather a continuum of genders, but DNA evidence for something like this would require an amniocentesis at the very least, and it would more likely require a full genome mapping, or possibly a more simple test that would only identify a specific condition (once the condition is pinned down, identified and tests are developed). I probably confused you with my science babble, but one of my biggest pet peaves is people who write about science things they don't truly understand. You have a good command of characterizations and dialog. A more in-depth examination of personal motivations and emotions wouldn't hurt, though.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
wow, a serious theme in this piece. hm, the situation was well established, setting clear, details provided. good job

keep writing
forty-two dreams chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
A very sweet story so far with all your characteristic writing style packed in.
Orual chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
This story was very interesting and thought provoking; it certainly stretches me beyond what I learned in biology. You obviously know your subject. If I were the child, I think I'd rather my parents make the decision about my gender, but you raise an interesting point, anyway. I hate to think that society would go this way in just 19 years, but it's possible.

On a technical note, I thought that you had a few instances where the dialogue was a little forced. A.J. and Destiny's conversation when the doctor left didn't seem quite right, but that's just me. You also had a few grammatical things, like using "blonde" as an adjective when it's really a noun. That's just one of my pet peeves. I thought you did a god job, over all.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
This is a cool story, and is no doubt a fair snap-shot of the way our society is going.

My only qualm would be your use of the word 'gladded' near the end. That just doesn't fit right.

Other than that well written and thought provoking.

Spawny
Twist130 chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Oh... good story! Was the case real, or did you make it up to fit the story? Same question with the problems to get health care for their kid. I didn't really know anything about this sort of thing, so it's very interesting.

Has this sort of thing ever happened to someone close to you or something? Just wondering what inspired it...