Reviews for Ourselves in Cubism
hermione032192 chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Amazing. This poem is so drenched in emotion. I pretty much teared up a bit.

You're an outstanding writer.
primal injection chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
"how you wandered into my bathwater needing to touch somehting solid." - Perfect.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
I love the whole cubism/art thing and the ending... awesome piece
flechette chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
This is fucking crazy! It is just so I don't know... it is very original and it just has something about it that... yeah I'm kinda speechless... all I know is this is amazing!
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
I feel guilty. I haven't read or reviewed you in awhile. My apologies.

This is very emotional. It's not as fancy or poetic as some of your other pieces, but it's definately strong. I felt like it was about feeling...divided, like in a cubism painting. All the tiny boxes make up your body, but each box is different, and so you're all these different people in one, and it's confusing and messes you up.

I'm pretty sure I'm making that up. But this is lovely, an interesting view at a relationship.
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
such a languid pain... i love how you use "it's..." or "it's not..." throughout the entire poem, but i love that particular sort of repetitive style, so...so saddeningly beautiful. haunting, as always.
Broken Waiting Angel chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
It's beautiful. You have a wonderful way with words.
classic violet chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Your poetry always amazes me. This is so touching and wonderful. The ending leaves it at the exact right note. It's simply beautiful.
Paramour-ing chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
i think pain sucks Jules. i can see you going through this, and also i can feel a little of it myself because of this. i can see a little bit of Will in this as well, like that time on Alki. one of your bests baby.
tabiboi chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Damn...wow. that was amazing. i love you so much!
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
it's so hard to describe this. but it makes my throat ache.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
wow your poetry always amazes me. the way the words carry onto each other. it really is a masterpiece.

my heart is coiled and I curl (un-gathered) inside a time when I did not feel so scattered - i really connected with those lines and they seemed to have the most impact on me.

and the last lines: It isn't you it's me. great ending. nice work.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Heartfelt and vivid. There is so much of tenderness, grief, and frustration in this. Makes the reader relate to the situation, and the emotions, though I doubt that it is fully possible to relate to such a personal piece, the reader can take away from this the apprehension in the speaker's voice, and how it corresponds with the intricately detailed situation. Excellent write.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
I can't stress enough how much I appreciate this poem. I can't believe how different it sounds from your other poetry, like you're writing from a different place. Most of your poetry is bitter and beautiful, but this had much more sadness in it. I fell in love with this poem for its honesty and its sadness. This poem takes the phrase 'its not you, its me' and personifies it, makes it real. I think this is the most personal and relatable poem I've ever read. Going on my favorites list.

Peace, Daze
Biting My Nails chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
I can feel my eyes watering.

You write so beautifully and so full of tragic words. Its meshes so well.

(is meshes a word, if not. It is now)