Reviews for Parenthesis
polka dots and addictions chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
"I act too strong./(It weakens me.)"

i love those lines! the bitterness in this poem is realy good and it has a nice structure, and i love some of the phrases you use (eg, You’re blind, you see,/to all of us./Especially me.)thanks for the reviews.

Bex xx
die kleine maus chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
the parenthesis had a fabulous effect on the poem, especially the really quiet ones, like "(or even that I write/at all.)" I like that you write simply here, without obstructive metaphors and godknowswhatelse, because that's really what this poem stands on- the emotion...thank you for your review by the way, i always enjoy getting one like that. but the poem isn't based on T.S Eliot's, i only used the title because it fit. it's about something that happened a few days ago, with my sister. (and in a way you're right, i do sometimes look at her as a mother would, annoying as she finds it!)
Luma chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
A wonderful piece, truly. You've captured the emotions very well, and I can recognize myself easily in this. Keep writing,

-Lisa

PS. Did you get my latest email? I'm just wondering because there were some problems when I was going to send it, so I'm not sure if it got to you or not. Let me know if you didn't get it so I can send it to you again, yeah?
tini5585 chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Wow, I'm impressed.
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Indifference and neglect can hurt much worse and do far more damage than outright dislike, hey? I think you did a nice job of capturing and expressing emotions in this piece. Your diction was descriptive but not over done. Keep up the good work!