Reviews for Whore
cadakris chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Definitely liked how short and succinct the poem was. It was like a little story but you gain so much even though it was just a few lines because of the imagery. Really great poem!
MariellaSpeaks chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Very emotional. It's always moving to read an individual account of an often-overlooked aspect of society. This poem captures a tragic cycle, but nonetheless I enjoyed it greatly. :)
IlliteratePoet chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
This poem has so much to offer to the New World. It opens many people's eyes to poverty and sorrow but also to why people often make bad decisions.

I'd like to say, first of all, that this poem has a great amount of beautiful imagery. So many words that fit into the eerie backdrop of the setting can make even the dullest person visualize this story. There are both negative and positive connotations here, and that's what makes it seem like there's two sides to it, which there are.

My next score, the fact that the use of swearing can be used in other ways to express thoughts rather than just anger makes me smile. I am grateful that I'm not alone in using swaear words in my work, and it shows a little more realism and depth for this poem. It also holds the reader's attention as they near the end of this story.

For my only complaint or bad mark, I wish there was more of a sense of rhythm, noticing this is more of a free-verse, I still can't help but feel it would suit the story a little better if there was a sense of rhythm. Though there may be one, I do not feel it, therefore, if there is one, I suggest making it a little more obvious.

To give this poem a rating out of 10, I would definitely give it a bold 7. This is a poem that I will never forget and will enjoy remembering. To the author, I bid a great job!
Peanuts Factory chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
All the things girls do for love..
11BlackBleedingRoses chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
WOW, that is a dramatic yet briliant way to put a very serious issue. Ill keep an eye out for more of your stuff. keep writing.
MarvellousMarvin chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
that's really amazing. thats so sad. i love the line about christmas lights in july. really lovely images and stuff. its really good
MrMonochromatic chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
this is definitely one of my favorites.

i love it
Wylloa chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
the last line is so fucking wonderful... it is a poem upon it self.
polka dots and addictions chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
the first line & the last line is absofuckinglutely amazing, as is everything inbetween. i like the nameing of 'Mr Someone' Bex xx
Honor Bound chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
again, your writing really emotes very well. im not sure why, but i love that it does. to me, the topic is rather twisted, but seems to delve into human depths perhaps, of the odd turns a mind can take. good job on this. btw, why is it you like to use alice as a topic so much?
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
"Mr. Someone..."

the last line is fucking beautiful
lilyqueen777 chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
WOW! this is my favorite poem of yours that i have seen, it's so amazingly written, with sadness and angst...i am crying for in away i can see how this poem relates to me! i love the last line! Once again, beautifully written!

ps. adding to my c2 and fav. list!
magnusthewolf chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
wow...twisted, raw, straight forward, and i gotta say creative and interesting. nice
createanarchy chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
I adore this poem, I love the idea that she's still so little she needs a night light but none the less she can sleep with a whole bunch of "mr. someone"s.

I like alotx
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Amazing job. I really liked this for reviewing my haiku!Rowan