Reviews for Skin Deep
DarkAngelBlossoms chapter 33 . 8/25/2011
What a wonderful story! It is one of my favourites; a MxM with a good plot and it was really suspenseful. It was awesome.
Ben Tramsami chapter 33 . 8/12/2011
Sweet freaking Jesus! It's like 4am and I started reading this in the early evening of yesterday! But I could NOT stop reading this. Not even for sleep. And I LOVE sleep.

Wonderful job, my dear author! You are quite amazing at writing enrapturing tales of magic and love and adventure and crazy awesome climactic scenes with evil women and almost dead heroes saving the world. I especially loved the two epilogues, the one with Peryn and the super sexy one!

I hope you keep writing. You have some fantastic talent. So I wish you well on your writing journey! :)
0nyx-Rose chapter 33 . 7/10/2011
I will not lie to you, I was utterly and completely in awe of both this story and your writing skills. There has not been such a deep storyline to entrap my every thought since I read the Harry Potter series.

You are an amazingly talented writer and even though this story was a romance it was just as much as an adventure.

Should you be given a chance to publish this story I strongly recommend you take it, this is sure to be a hit!

~Rose
DNAstar chapter 18 . 5/22/2011
awww does he get the puppy? coz i think he should kool story
Stop Staring At Me chapter 33 . 5/2/2011
Awesome story. One of the best I've read on FictionPress. You're a very talented writer.
MrsHellman chapter 33 . 4/14/2011
Great story, I really liked the concept. It feels as if there's something missing though, that there's more to their story. But all in all, I'm glad I read this story, because it's damn good.

Cheers.
BloodyAutumnKisses chapter 32 . 2/25/2011
Wow, this was awesome! You had great characters and a great plot line. I was expecting more of a traditional retelling of Beauty and the Beast but this was even better! I would have liked a little more action between Londel and Coredan, but that's just me lol. You kept me guessing all the way until the end. Totally didn't see Londel being a mind-controlled slave! Awesome! My only critiques would be to flesh out Londel and Coredan a little more, add some more history to them, and perhaps make Coredan a little less whiny, it detracts from his character. Also, wrapping up a few loose ends, like the scene between the King and Darek in the library where they hint to history repeating itself about the relationship and maybe clarifying that Darek does know their secret would be nice. Also, I would have liked to see how the boy, Resten, is doing and the coronation ceremony, as well as how the kingdom handles Londel's and Coredan's relationship. Overall though, a satisfying read that sucked away like a week of my life haha. Thanks!
Angelxoxo13 chapter 16 . 2/21/2011
'I guest I am your biggest fan'
Angelxoxo13 chapter 11 . 2/21/2011
Squee! Claps my hands. Aw Cute! Haha!
Angelxoxo13 chapter 10 . 2/21/2011
Aw~ Sweet~. Amusing also. Lol.
Angelxoxo13 chapter 7 . 2/21/2011
Quite an amusing chapter. :)
Abrasive chapter 33 . 1/29/2011
Haha, their secret passageway is 'in the closet', so to speak.

Great story; I really enjoyed it. There were some minor spelling and grammar issues but not enough to ruin the flow.

You constructed a clever, cohesive plot and wonderful characterisation. Although, I did worry at times that Coredan acted too effeminately in his bashfulness (as a personal preference, I don't like being able to assign people in relationships female and male roles when it comes to slash fiction - kinda kills the notion that it's two men rather than a heterosexual couple).

Aside from that my only other issue was regarding language: Sometimes it affected the setting, making it seem more modern rather than a medieval-esque fantasy realm. This was due to more colloquial terms such as "random" and even the use of Mom and Dad as opposed to the more traditional &/or appropriate sounding Mother and Father.
Julz xx chapter 33 . 1/23/2011
aww that was such a sweet story! :) a great read -sigh-
frolic-horror chapter 33 . 1/19/2011
Nice long read. I really needed a story like this :D

You have quite a few errors that I'm surprised you didn't catch on to with a spell check or something, but I could mostly ignore them. I was really amused when in the end of ch 29 or 30 you used the expresion "his younger half". That is... not right :))

Anyway... sorry if I sound too critical, I wouldn't have finished it if I didn't like it, so don't take it the wrong way. It was fun to read.

Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us :)
hexyz chapter 33 . 1/9/2011
So he does save the day in the end! It was nice to see him give that nobleman a tongue lashing at the court too!

Question though, was Doriten really a traitor or was he like a puppet of Adelia? You said he died when he was six and then revived so did Adelia constantly plant the seeds in Doriten's mind that led him to become a traitor or was it more automatic?
345 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »