Reviews for Love Poem for Pluto
amy chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
good but it scared my kids and they are 5 years old
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
I like this... the beginning is amazing... i
Kouichi chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
I think they should have left Pluto as a planet, because it cannot be anything else. But as long as you consider it a planet, I guess Pluto wont have to be a forgoten as a planet, or be a lonely god.
flechette chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
A song for pluto huh? Do you think pluto would of enjoyed this poem laying on its deathbed? I don't know... never thought pluto was ever important... but if it holds sentiment to you I mourn your lose...
catseyeview chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
lovely sense of personfication, really makes this issue come to life even moreso under your hands
asherlev chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
A lovely poem. I was especially struck by the line "(a sky) so wide that it blooms underneath my skin like a field of wild flowers." That is very beautiful.
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
When I first heard that Pluto was not a planet anymore, I didn't really care that much and did not see what the big deal was. But then I kept hearing other people's disappointment and I read your touching poem and I become ashamed that I don't look at a subject from all angles and perspectives before I say what I think about it. I too am a Sporpio, my birthday is Oct. 24th, and hearing how that is significant to Pluto makes me regret what I first thought. Thank you for that. Take care.

EB
account not in use chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
it left me shaky. you are always profound.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
lol "Pluto will always be a planet to me" nice work with this and keep on going!
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Love the kinf of mythological feel to this but how it still maintains a feeling of the mundane when you talk about things like driving home. It's kind of like you're bringing the fantasy aspect into your own life. Beautiful imagery all the way through, ecpecially like the verse about your heart. That's really powerful. Well done x
A Pin One chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
This is a great way to give some love to Pluto our guardian of our outer rim.

From, Jesse
x account closed x chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
Imagry in this makes me melt and gasp for air. and showcased your knowledge on the subject, great job. Overall it makes me smile like there's no tomorrow.

and yeah, Pluto IS a planet.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
Utterly dazzling. I love how you mix mythology with modern touches. I never thought of the consequence of astrology with the omission of Pluto from the solar system, it seems a weird and stupid thing to do. Do ‘midget planets’ count in astrology? My girlfriend is one day short of being a Scorpio, but both my brother and sister are born under the same sign as yourself, being born on the 14th and 17th of November. Apart from your unyielding commitment to your planet, I love this poem’s effect on me. It seems lately your poetry has evolved into something softer, sadder. I think that’s what struck me here, the sadness of a planet no longer being called a planet. This is a great tribute to a sudden decision to ‘demote’ a planet, and I hope that you’ll always think of yourself as a child of both Mars and Pluto. Wonderful poem.

Peace, Daze
The-Unwanted-Puppy chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
That was beautiful! And I love the mythology behing it!

I agree they need to leave Pluto alone! It will always and for ever be a planet. But then I'm an ares therefore very stuborn so I will never change my mind.

Puppy
diffident chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
Absolutely gorgeous. It kept me enthralled the entire time. The language is so rich and bursting, like a nectarine or pomegranate seeds. "A cusp / as ripe / as a breast." Very poignant. "quivering and cut from the swollen womb / of a galaxy millions of years old, / and just now being discovered." The personification of Pluto no longer being a planet like this is just so arresting. Very well done.

marie