Reviews for Crucify Me
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Quite dark. It's an interesting idea and you have some wonderful lines. The tone seems to me to waver between remorse and taunting. I think the piece would be stronger without as much repitition and the bold format; for me it was more distracting than effective. The word "silver" was extremely effective though, used throughout as a single point of reference. Good work.
SaRmelLexia chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
it reminds me of your other poem "Judas", thee Judas show no regret but here he does and apologize to God..even asked to be crucified...anyway, beautiful work!

Lots of Love, Hugs n Kisses
Sobriquet Queen chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Judas? 30 pieces of silver?

I'm an agnostic myself, but that's the impression I get.

If I'm wrong, then you may as well disregard certain parts of this review.

The hints, if I haven't misinterpreted them, are very subtle and work particularly well.

I also like the 'repetition' in the bold stanzas and the switch between first and third person from bold and italics to just italics.

'Silver

Fills his sight,

All he can see and all he knows.'

Possibly my favourite few lines - greed, I would guess, takes over, money is the only care.
beatrice is hot chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Ahh! A new genre! Emo poetry for the religious! Good one.A God who inspires people to ask for crucifixion certainly isn't a very nice God, is He?

Okay, your poem:Vivid imagery describing the suicide of a religious man. The only problem I had with the writing was that the meaning of "silver" is often unclear: I mean, okay, he obviously stabs himself with a knife at the end. But the rest was much too ambiguous. "Silver/ litters the floor/stirring up dust." What?
God chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
I'll get the nails...
BearHeart chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
Gripping! Excellent. Sends the message without preaching. Good for you!