Reviews for Emo Kid Ain't Got Nothing On Me
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
Ahh, this is a great poem, but to me it seems to be read in rythm and not all the lines are the right length. My suggestions: (for maybe you hear it read a different way?)

you met a girl at the concert last night, but you lost her address.I would cut out 'at the concert' from that line. Unless it is important.

and you’ll be famous someday but have no recording deal so i would reccomend "you'll be famous someday, no recording deal so far." it's a minor thing but fluidity is important for this poem. Hopefully that was helpful, if not it was a pretty funny poem!
Enya Putsch chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
this amazing! it's quite sing-songy which suits the mood of the poem and the rhyming is really good- i find it so hard to do untacky rhyming! i take my hat off to you!
The Nifty Green Fish chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
okay, maybe it is stereotypical, but it's a really really good poem and as far as the "emo"s at my school go, it's completely true. you're right, too. they ain't got nothin' on us, lol. and yes, i'm having a feelingsorryformyself!day. so sue me.
theatrical rhapsodies chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
You've written it well but if you don't know, some emos do in fact have it really bad, worse than you (they wouldn't be emo if they didn't)I have some close "emo" friends and they have told me what they have been though...and some of it is so bad it hurts to hear...some suffer from depression (witch can a lot of the time be genetic). And of course, some emos are just trying to be cool...but not all of them trust me.

Sincerely, theatrical rhapsodies
Sad Songs Remind Me chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
HAHAH Okay, this poem is horrible because you're not funny even though you're trying to be. Making fun of "emos" (LOLZ) has been done numerous times and it hasn't been creative or innovative any of those times. The repetition is not cute, nor is it effective. It's one big cliche (the use of the word "emo,"broken" the mention of concerts, guitars, recording deals. not good) and although I know you were trying to be hypocritical or make a statement of "love or lack there of," you have done neither. Your poem and/or writing lacks spunk and turns me off completely, as does that supposed message. My recommendation is to get off your high horse and take whatever reviews you recieve with a grain of salt. You've got a lot to learn, kid. Take a creative writing class.
Sad Songs Remind Me chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
LOL This is horrible.
This Modern Love chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
what is this? seriously, i don't mean to be rude, but this is extremely stereotypical. not all emos strum guitars and wear tight pants. they obviously have their own problems and their own motives for being who they are. maybe you could commiserate with them if you took the time to understand.
Taurus2Scorpio chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
I simply love the smoothness in your poem. It flows in so well.

Although, I'm not a fan of repetitive words. I found it quite amusing that you used "pretty" "emo" and "boy" quite a lot. But, your statement in the end made it all up.

However, I must say that your poem reminds me of a song. I'm not exactly sure why, but it does. But, this is a really nice poem. Good job!
aknightsgoldenrose chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Great poem and it rhymes without sounding forced...something I never seem to be able to do.
BestSkeptic chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Ha, this is great. If I could applaud you for voicing my beliefs verbatim, I would. Oh wait, I can. *Applause*
shining defiance chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
It rhymes! And has really good rhythym! Which is a word I can't spell!

I especially like the line about the pants. One time my brother wore my pants. It was really funny.

Also I like the point you make. Because emo kids are all so drowned in the poetic-ness of their own issues, they don't realize that everyone else is going through the same thing. I like how you captured that.