Reviews for Homeward
CostumeForAGutterball chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Amazing! Your work never fails to inspire me-your word choice makes me envious that I could become the Maverick of the written thought like you...

Basically, I love this one!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
I love the car part and the description of brightness... the thought about being softer is really great too.. awesome job...one typo

If I were too look at that moon.. to look
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
I realize that I don’t have it in me to draw straight linesanymore

-that's brilliant. -_- I love the mood of this poem, driving in the middle of the night - it's a great image, and you don't ruin it by trying to make it mean more than it does.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I like the last and third to last stanzas best. "I realize that I don't have it in me to draw straight lines anymore" and "this isn't literature, or a litany, just a poem before bed" were beautiful lines.

To be perfectly honest, you've written poems that are much more unique and convey more feeling. That being said, this is sweet and lovely (despite its somberness). It doesn't feel hopeful, exactly, but it doesn't seem hopeless either. At least to me. "This time, I can stop myself; hinder myself to a strong arm". One thing I love about your writing is how so many of your poems about the same things: your relationships, your car accident, yourself, yet all of them feel new and different, and it's not repetitous. You alway manage to give a new perspective on the same topic. So, my point is, I liked this.
flechette chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Ha ha! I love staying up really late! It makes me feel so free! I just get this feeling... this wave comes over me and I just don't have to care about anything sitting in the cold air and darkness... this poem reminds me alot of that feeling...
in theory chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Yes, it has been awhile. I've missed reading on here, it's my own fault for being preoccupied though. There's a weird self-accepting sigh all the way through this, like an audible, readable 'why not?'

J
catseyeview chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
I just love the idea of staring at the moon so much can make you blind; great use of metaphor
classic violet chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Oh God, I love the diction used. This poem is full of such emotion, magical yet twisted (in a good way) love it.
Miss Hyde chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
I think this is borderline poetry/prose. Your mind flowing freely transmitted to other readers. I like it. And thanks for your review. I experienced beginner's joy. You might want to check my latest. Miss Hyde
Rebecca Kelsey chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Beautiful and immaginative-like always.I love the line "but this isn't literature"
Paul Marsz chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
whew... I absolutely loved it. Reminds me a lot of Kerouac for some reason. I enjoyed the erratic rhymes that seemed almost coincidental, but were always placed perfectly and never cliched, annoying, or overused (as rhymes often tend to be).

Good choice of music for the radio songs, too :)

Brilliant job.