Reviews for Whiskey Dreams
none of burt's beeswax chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
this is gorgeous. i love "...until you didn't know/where i ended and the heavens began." and all of stanza three, but especially "for each time we moved the universe moved with us/you always knew that life revolved around you." and i love how the ending doesn't pack a punch, it almost leaves you waiting, like you're drifting in nothingness. i think it complements the style of the poem perfectly. well done.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
I love the part about dreams.. its not really personification, but rather making them tangible.. and the ending about him leaving is gorgeous
Afterthought chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
veery poetic.

then, it is a poem.

i seem to remember you mentioning the whiskey/whisky issue

please keep writing holz!

syeph

ps didt realise ou had written so much on here! 60? I cant manage finishing one!
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
god, those last three lines :... gorgeous, so empathic. the whole thing is just... mindbendingly beautiful..
Hardtoremember chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
wow this is so beautiful. the first thing that struck me was the idea of 'september's watch' which immediatly conjured up images for me. i really like the idea, and the writing was just was hauntingly sad.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I am short of words. The format is quite fitting for this piece, the imagery is brillantly executed and it's a quite deep piece. I thank you for this delightful read. - ADD-san
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
A truly beautiful poem, with some of the best imagery I've seen in a while. Excellent work, indeed!
Jezsh chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
ooh it makes me shiver :)
Eternalsearch chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Ok, where to start first please dont consider this a 'review' because I dont think I have the right to put my opinion to what someone elses heart wrote, but in saying that I think you are great, everything thing that I have read of yours i can relate to, I really like it. i think that is a mark of a great writer when numerous other people can relate even if they dont find the same 'meaning' in what you have written.
AchtungBabyAchtung chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
I noticed

The clouds had fallen away as you walked.

i love that line. the whole thing is beautifully put together. iz xx
hey maria chapter 1 . 9/9/2006
"“I’ll keep them safe” is all you said before you left"

I adored that line. I adored this whole poem. The imagery in this is delicately drawn, the dialogue believable, and the ending perfectly ambiguous. Keep writing.