Reviews for Blue Ceramic
theCoffeeEnzyme chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
Beautiful, of course.

But, very sad.

I liked the little bit of alliteration you used. It seems to fit, to me, because you use the same sounds and the boys are the same and, I dunno. It seems maybe too far-fetched. lol. But, either way, the alliteration impressed me.

Lines like "ancient mosaic" and "blueberry wars" make it seem like such a pure, innocent romance and that only adds to the sadness.

The poem is well-written. It is sad but not just bluntly depressing which is what makes it so good. It's the cryptic nature of the piece that I find so impressive. The author's-note at the end was certaily helpful in understanding the poem but, I don't think it was necessary. Ambiguity is a wonderful thing and I think you should be more proud of your work because you really are an extremely gifted person. :)
Take The Stairs chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
slike everything you write. I love your stupid nature descriptions, colour associations, and language tool change.

Also, I was wondering. For my writing class we need to bring in a favorite poem of ours to share with the class. Is it all right with you if I bring in "Watermelon Moon"?
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
I admit, I don't understand it. But I find it tres beautiful, and I like boy/boy stuff, if that's what your going for.

Good job.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Gah, this is gorgeous. Everything is perfect, and no, please don't stop using nature descriptions and color associations and language tools. That's who you are as a writer, or at least who you seem to be. If you're comfortable writing that way, then don't feel the need to stop. This is beautiful and I love that you use all of those tools to write your poetry. I am favoriting this. I don't even know that I can pick out a favorite line, but if I had to choose one, I do love love love, "I often find you wishing you were a metaphor." So perfect. Keep writing! :)
classic violet chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
I never would've guessed that's what this poem was about. It's so beautiful though.

I have to admit though, I love 'colour associations and language tool references'
poet tree chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
The last two lines are amazing.

faves
mercury.love chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
I like this, even if I may not understand it completely. You have some absolutely gorgeous lines in here. The first stanza is my favorite. The quotes feel like they add in a personal feeling. Also, I like your "stupid nature descriptions, colour associations, and language tool references," as you call them. :)