Reviews for Ugly Boy
mormonboy chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Hey, you this lets us know that there is good in everyone. Thanks so much. You know I was often on the bullied side. It feels good to have people notice something good about you. Sometimes, I just longed for people to say hi. It is a good poem. I liked it.
Solitary Fatalist chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
You're only fifteen?

Wow, that's cool. I wish I was like you a year ago...

I really liked your poem. The title had me throwing guesses at your motive, waiting for the punch at the end. When I reached it, you delivered it superbly. Technically, I also like your repetitions: the way you described the boy and what the speaker felt about him.

Criticisms. The rhythm was hard to feel, mostly because of the structure of the poem. Maybe you could chop it up into smaller stanzas, like how you make paragraphs in prose.
Helen William chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
We of the human race have no control over the way we look, when being born into this world.

When we are too young to do anything about the hand we are dealt in life.

We must simply learn to deal with it as best one can.

It is not by choice that we choose to look a certain way.

It is a human desire to try and fit in, and be accepted in a world that’s not so nice.

A person’s beauty lye deep within, one has only to listen to find it.
Pricilla Grey chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Very poignant with a beautiful ending. My only criticism is the structure; it is very hard to read. Other than that, an excellent poem.
Ashelin chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
This is so sad. I hate it, I absolutely hate it! Why are people so cruel? And people wonder why kids bring guns and bombs to school. Well, good job. Sorry for the rant.

-Ashelin
TwistedDreamz chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
I love it! Dark and gloomy, but incredibly you always manage to put that little bit of hope in at the end. It flows beautifully like a song.
Tragic Bliss chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Very well written, I really liked it a lot, even though it made me cry! (thanks, there goes the mascara!) onto the favorites it goes!
Stormie Greye chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Well, I don't really know what to say. It was a heartbreaking piece, and it was really beautiful at the end. Very sad, but it does happen.
hey maria chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Aw, sweet.
Gabrielle Addison chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
It's kinda mean! Well, until the end... It's OK.