Reviews for The Madcat Crew
Tricrax chapter 14 . 2/4/2007
And that's how I busted a gut laughing.
darkShadow201068 chapter 11 . 12/17/2006
this is pretty funny (if a bit random), would love to see more. i could see this becoming a series or sorts.
Tricrax chapter 11 . 12/15/2006
Ah! The cheap shot at teens! I still love that.

(Woah... deva ju... deja vu...)

Hilariousness continues to bound throughout your stories.

Love 'em all.

Asta
darqlyte chapter 10 . 12/13/2006
For one, I don't see the point of her dying, or him taking her by killing her, unless he's got some Frankenstien-esk machine that'll bring her back to life. :)

Anyways, an OK story, though I am dissapointed you stooped to using swear/curse/foul/vulgar/crude language. There isn't alot of violence, cept that part with the harpoon, perhaps you could have left the blood spatter out, instead just saying the harpoon went through her midsection, but I guess that's realism, still, then again I don't like blood, so, that's me. :)

And there was that mention of so-called, 'adult-entertainment' minor, but still. Sorry if I sound like I'm critiquing you too much, but those things do matter in a story, and a good story doesn't need those things in it to be successful, atleast so far as making those things a very large part of the story, for instance, you may have violence in a war story, which serves a purpose as to show the brutality and realiam of war.

But on the flip-side they have 'slasher flicks' which have blood, guts, and gore galore, for no purpose whatsoever other than to gross people out and 'entertain' by appealing to our baser lusts, which includes violence, language, and intimate relations. And there's a reason they are called INTIMATE, not to mention the fact that most often than nought it is portrayed between two people (or more) who are NOT married, including sodomites and all other perversions of intimate relations. And even if they were married, there is no reason to show the act itself, or tease people and 'technically' get by cuz they 'technically' aren't showing said body parts, though they are showing every OTHER body part, so it's rather hypocritical.

As the Scriptures say:

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

-(1st Corinthians 6:18-20 KJV)

And for language, there is no reason to stoop to that level. People are fully capable of expressing themselves WITHOUT the use of such vulgar/crude language. As the Scriptures say:

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

-(Ephesians 4:29, 30-32 KJV)

Forgive me if I sound preachy, but these things MUST be told, alot of people are ignorant that those things are sin, amung many others, and sin is portrayed as fun, and 'OK' and 'nobody gets hurt' or the more famous one, 'they are both consenting adults' and sometimes they aren't even that. But even when they are, that is NO excuse for it, the Bible says that intimate relations outside of marraige is sin, not that intimate relations are wrong in and of themself, they DO have their proper place, however, the only proper place there is is in marriage, between husband and wife, who are married to EACHOTHER, and if either of them commits fornication outside of marriage, it is called adultery.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

-(1 Corinthians 6:9-12 KJV)

And if any of those words confuse you, look it up, that's what a dictionary is for.

Now since I got on the subject, I would like to explain to you how you can know for sure that if you died today you would go to Heaven. All you have to know are 4 things:

1] Man is a sinner.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

2] There is a price on sin, eternal death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

3] Jesus paid that price on the cross.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

4] By faith in Christ we can be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

HERE IS HOW YOU CALL UPON THE LORD:

Do you admit that you are a sinner?

Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God?

If you are sorry for your sins and would like for God to save your soul, just ask Him.

Dear Jesus,

Please forgive me of my sins. I trust you today, JESUS, and only You, to take me to HEAVEN when I die. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

Just as you were born to your parents, you were born into the Kingdom of God when you called on Jesus!

Now, I know I haven't done a perfect job, and probably made some mistakes, but if any of you have just prayed to God to save you, and have admitted that you are a sinner, and cannot save yourself, and you believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died for you, and paid the debt completely for yours sins, and you trust souly in Him to save you, then please, e-mail me and let me know, I would like to help you in any way that I can. And if any of you have any questions, or if you are interested in what I just wrote, again please e-mail me, I would like to help you in any way that I can.

And I appologize to the author for getting off the subject, but these things matter, we're not talking about fire insurance here, we're talking about the eternal destination of your soul, which is either heaven or hell, you don't go into nothingness or get reincarnated or turn into a god. When you die, you either go to heaven, if you are saved, if you have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ to save you, or to hell, if you have not accepted the Jesus Christ as your one and only Saviour.

Again, if I can help in any way, please let me know.

-God Bless.
SaraKing chapter 2 . 9/25/2006
I wasn't quite sure what the first chapter had to do with this one, but I kept reading anyway. I'm glad I did-liked the way you mixed humor with realism, especially the sequence where Anabell pictures docking on Medea.

Only really have one comment. I think you're going to have to adapt a more serious style if you're looking for a wider reader base. (Less author comments in parentheses, more sticking to the storyline.)

Good work! I like Anabell already :)-Sara
Tricrax chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
Ah. The good ole cheap shot at politicians. Man I love that.
Awaking kills the Dream chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
As always, your ability to make a story hillariously funny even before it's actually started is amazing! Keep it up, I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :)Awaking kills the Dream