Reviews for Olives on Trees
Jestry chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Wow, your vocabulary and word choice and diction is just amazing.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Oh, that is just gorgeous perfection. I loved every line of this. For someone to be able to hear the words as well as this isn't something you find often. The sound is just magnificent. Beautiful. Keep writing! :)
Calliope Rae Marksbury chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
I'm speechless. That was amazing.
like a lover chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
"she stands Thumbelina thin/and aching -/she’s faking her cries

(baby), plucked from each/frosty vine/tumbled, from hand/to mouth - to tongue/to throat - she wont/remember you by/morning,/but she’ll mourn you/like a crime. Sticky/bordello babies drowning/in your tepid wine."

ahh!

i'm not very good at analyzing poetry, but i lovelovelove that part. i don't really know how to explain. i just love the flow and its sounds almost effortless. like you could let it breathe out of your mouth.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
I love the repition and the alliteration... the whole baby thing is beautiful... awesome write
in theory chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
(I finally picked a pen name from this daft list I'd made..it took far too long for something so simple.)

And I realise I made a dozen complete mistakes in my last review, if it made sense then you understand idiot-babble very well.

Thumbelina? Never seemed a particularly skinny gel to me, more just..short. Hah. "I speak without meaning"...that could be taken almost literally, espeially in my case where I seem to babble on pointlessly.

narrow/marrow...is just so bloody scrumptious! Lol. Daft response but I'm in a good mood, it works for me! The onomatopoeia in the kiss stanza is bold too, very harsh. I always find words that sound gritty work better than describing harshness. Just for me, maybe.

She's faking her cries...that's my favourite stanza...it's so hollywood new-poetry, but it has all of you in it. Your style. Etc.
Infinity Plus One chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
This is a sticky (in a good way) poem.
Secrets.Within.Darkness chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Omigod you are the best poet i have ever seen. your work in just beautiful.
Bita-chan chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Brilliant. That is all.
Paramour-ing chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
you have such a way...
Katy Llewellyn chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
*stops listening to teacher and ponders* This is so breathtaking. I dont even know where to begin to describe how it made me feel. At first, I was filled with a small light that said, "it is love..." and then at the end I felt like sobbing in to a pillow for hours on end.

It is totally beautiful and original; makes me want to give up on my school year project on publishing an anthology, but I wont!
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
There's so much in this poem. Emotions, thoughts, meanings. It's powerful and overwhelming and it gets to me. Take care.

EB
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
This is much more how all your poems used to be, very rhythmic. I have to read it out loud. It's a love story, simple, but its beautiful because of the words you use and how poetic and wonderful the whole piece is.

As for the subject...I don't think it's really about pedophilia. I tend to overanalyze, so maybe it's that obvious. But it seemed to be more about him wanting her for her innocence, or the inncence she seemed to have. "she stands Thumbelin thin and aching". She's really not so young and inexperienced (Virgin Mary "complex" and "watery salt slicked skin"-salt could mean tears but the word slicked makes me think she's not so pure.)

In summary, I'm quite confused what this is about, but I thought it was very beautiful writing.
flechette chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Your work is always so original... you have a diffrent view of things... a diffrent way of thinking... I especially like the line "a kissyou sold me" in this particular poem...
classic violet chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Oh God, I love the diction in this poem. This is magnificent, truly glorious.