Reviews for Shadow of Myself
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
there is nothing worse than discovering you've only become a shadow of yourself. I'm glad you were able to find yourself again!
lymli chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
I feel like that right now,but even if you want to be alone it always there's a friend by your side.
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Oh my goodness,

I was singing this in my head the whole way through. I heard it really quiet and soft, with a piano in the background and then moving into violin and guitar later. When I read anything that is supposed to be a song, I hear it in my head.

Have you ever thought of taking your poems and writing the actual music for them. I would love to be able to see the sheet music for a song like this. The repition showed the movement of time, without getting boring or too repetitive. It was just right.

I LOVED THIS!

I really liked the raw emotion and the sadness that you expressed, but at the very end, you found a way to break away, realizing that you don't need anyone to complete you. That's what I got out of it.

I really liked the line "I managed to not become like you." I thought that it was sweet and gentle, not pushy, and at the same time, strong and assertive.

The people that go out of their way to hurt others are horrible. I can't stand the whole heartache that people cause by being inconsiderate towards others and not taking into acount their feelings.

Thinking of you,

Lady Alera

*hug hug hug*
XX Sharingan chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
Ah! This is great. ] I really, really hate poetry so I skipped over reading a lot of the stuff you've got... I think the word poetry jsut turns me off. But this one sounded interesting. And it was! I'm going to have to go read that other song you've written. ]

Thumbing through the pages of my fantasies,

ЖЖ یЂдЯỊИĢǺП
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Once again, you've put your heart into this piece. The emotion is so strong and clear and the reader can tell that what you're writing is genuine. I like the repetition you've used here. Its not overly used, but used just enough to pierce the reader and really get your point across. Nicely done. Thanks for the review!
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This is really well written. It's sad, though. But you chose the words so well! Keep writing, miss some new work of you!

[jojoba-music-girl]
InkyPink chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Knowing what you've told me, this song has an even deeper meaning than I'd have realised! I love the repeating lines that just changed a little as the song went on: "I don't want to become like you...I didn't want to become like you...I managed not to become like you...I managed not to become like you." They show the song's progress from one state to another - the past, the memory, to the present day.

And there is such strong feeling behind this, you are a very good writer. Do you write the melodies for your songs? You know the poem 'Birds' I wrote, that too was a song...I didn't write the music, I just had a melody in my head from a film soundtrack, and the words sort of built themselves around the tune. Anyway, I can see clearly how this works as a song, very good work!
sweets555 chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
this is incredibly well written, and something anyone can relate to. keep it up youre an amazing writer!

-sweets5
Force of Nature chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
You've done it again - a great composition, very well written. If this were to ever actually be turned into a song, I would love to listen to it :)
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Not only reading ALL my stuff, but reviewing it too! Needless to say I was pretty shocked, many many many many many many many thanks! As for this poem, I found the use of repeating certain lines to be quite effective, and my favourite line is "I managed to not become like you". That line really expresses alot of feeling (Or at least to me, anyways). As for my poem 01011010101010101, I was being very tricky. Go to PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_ and paste my poem (And the title too) into the text to decode thing on the right and hit to text. I often employ something tricksome in my poems, and they often have meanings beneath the surface as well. In any event, I'm very glad you liked my work so much, and judging by this poem you should write some more yourself!
Willow Wildfire chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
That's awesome! I like it. Sad though, but still. Keep it up!

Willow Wildfire