Reviews for And Then They Fell In Love
ihrtbks chapter 21 . 7/19/2007
I love how you showed Sara getting over his death, but still not completely. This story makes me cry everytime it's updated.

UPDATE SOON!
mia5081 chapter 21 . 7/19/2007
I'm so sad that this story is going to be ending soon, but I felt so bad when Sara was reading the letter. If they had only stayed in that day, or if someone had seen that letter before hand...well, the letter is bound to make Sara cry for a long, long time lol

Update soon!

~Mia
Insane and Logical chapter 20 . 7/12/2007
good
teardropsONroses chapter 20 . 7/5/2007
it's prettand sad and very very good. wrie more soon!
rachelle m chapter 20 . 6/20/2007
i just wanna say that i love your story and everything, but the word is closure not closer. I just really had to get that off of my chest real quick. update soon please; suspense is murderous for me.
Vampgurl99 chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Sorry for reviewing again, but I found some lyrics to a song you might like, because it reminded me of the last couple of chapters in your story. It's called, Neverending Parade by a band called Negative.

7. Neverending Parade

Loving arms around us

For you're the kind who needs refuge

Your loving eyes see right trough me

Cannot play saint,

Cannot pretend.

Neverending rain on your little parade

Nothing to do with a love affair

When heaven cries I will be near you

And walk with you trough all your pains.

Do not forget, what we are

Until the end, meant to be one.

When heaven cries and you are gone

You stole my soul,

It breaks my heart.

Do not forget what we are..

... and you are gone...

Also, In Memoriam (Immortal Peace) by the same band:

13. In Memoriam (Immortal Peace)

Like seasons change their face,

Rain like the tears

Winds got your voice

Whispering my name

Landing shadows come around

Telling me the same old story

With certain sound

I’m stuck in a place

Prisoner of this room

Painful memories of me and you

I take colors of longing

And paint you on my wall

Is it too much to ask

For some golden peace

That’s what I expect from you at least

It’s simple and understood

There’s no way out

I wish that I would be dead

Dead like you and I

Falling like a butterfly

After one lived day

Hope you will find your peace

Immortal, eternal and real

I know I cannot be dead yet

Just can’t live it again

Too much never enough

We’re stuck in time

Till death leads us away

In a moment that I’m scared of the most

You’re sleeping away

Soon you’ll be lost

Every breath that you take

You’ll be closer to where you belong

I never thought this could be so hard and rough

After all we’ve been through

Can’t get enough of this sweetest trip

You once gave me as a gift

I hope you’re waiting for me somewhere out there

In a place where we can hold each other again

You went first, I’ll come right after you

I’m depressed, I don’t care

I miss you, I hope you can hear me

both really sad songs. The band is hard to find samples of on the internet as they are foreign. If you want to listen to them, which I suggest doing as I cannot actually understand lyrics unless I listen to the song first, I can send them to you. Just e-mail me and I can e-mail them to you. Have a good day!

Vamgurl99 yet again
Vampgurl99 chapter 20 . 6/20/2007
This is an amazing story. Seriously, amazing. I find it so tragic that Osamu is killed in the end, the worst kind of way to die but still really sad! Sure, I'm a little angry that you killed him off, but it's how you wanted it to end and that's how it will stay right? Goodness, it takes a little time to get over his death! I'm sure that if people are angry, it's because they've just grown so attached to that genius of a boy! I'm surely attached after reading your story straight for an hour or so!

The only things I have a problem with is that some parts seem really really rushed. Like the in the beginning, all the sudden she's pushed on to Osamu's family, sure the reason is fine but it's kind of all of a sudden. We don't really get to know Aoi and the exchange family. Of course they're definitely secondary characters but still. This is Sara's first time in Japan, I think a little more time can be spent on how culture shocked she is being in Japan. I've never been there but I'm sure that there's more to get used to than you write about. Also, the language barrier, did she ever learn Japanese? You never bring closure to that subject, as we just kind of expect everyone to speak English.

Osamu is definitely an enigma. I really liked his character before you axed him off the story! Don't worry, I won't rant and rave about you being a bad author. It's always hard to come to terms with a story or author when the main character is killed. One of the worst kinds of stories to read because they're so sad, not that your story is bad or anything, just saying it's sad.

Man I can't seem to get away from Osamu's death and being sad, sorry. I can't really help it. Back to the review.

I definitely think that things could have been drawn out a little more, given more depth, etc. It's all good and everything but you give an air of rushed-ness about everything. Osamu and Sara get together really fast, they have sex what seems to be really soon, the end of the year comes fast. Does Sara's grades get better? Does she have a better time with school? There's just a lot of basic questions that were never answered. When they went back to America, again it seemed really rushed! They were back in America for supposedly a week or 10 days? It translated to two chapters in your story! Two chapter! Again, I mean in no way to make you upset or say you're bad at writing or anything, just pointing things out. I felt like two chapters wasn't enough. Sara being gone from her family for how long? And then when she's back she has very very little interaction with her parents. It just doesn't really translate.

I don't want to take up too much of your time pointing out every single thing that I think could be expanded upon, because then it would seem like i have some form of OCD, which I don't. Overall, the plot is amazingly good, original to say the least, but there are times when I feel like you wanted to be done with the boring filler chapter and get on with whatever came next. Not that I didn't enjoy the action, but to make your characters and setting seem real you MUST have filler chapters, no matter how boring they may be.

Also, I think you need to make Yukio seem more the type to randomly shoot Osamu. I could tell that he liked Sara but then he just kind of faded into a friend, rather than fighting for Sara's attention and affection. I'm not shocked to read that he shot Osamu but I just need a little more conviction from his character in order to believe entirely why he would want to kill Osamu.

Um, if you want me to rant some more, just e-mail me or something. If you don't, that's fine. I'll get over it somehow. Expect a review for the epilogue at least when you post it. Don't worry, I'm not going to flame it or something!

Vamgurl99
Boredom can be deadly chapter 20 . 6/20/2007
The story jumps too much. I feel rushed when reading it, almost like there is a time constraint, and I have to finish it A.S.A.P.

I have trouble with the flow in the last four chapters, especially the last two. It's hard to follow.

It's well written, despite the sadness of it all. (Usually I bawl outright when any sadness, specifically death, is involved. I'm a sap, I know.)

Well done
Shadow Claimer chapter 20 . 6/20/2007
Damn damn damn damn. i shouldn't have read this now. there goes my plans for studying for my physics exam and finishing chem prelab.

actually, i read the previous chapter this morning (it is now night where i exist) and i can't say i didn't expect that. you made it so (cries buckets) obvious in the chapter before, all i could do was hope i was reading too much into what you were saying - putting too much drama and all. sad. very sad.

i can't say that the shooter was a surprise either. damn gut feelings.

i wanna hug you because for some reason i feel like i should be consoling you for the loss which is a mite bit odd considering you were the one who offed the bloke in the first place. but hey, maybe too much physics, chem, bio, math and fiction have melted my rationale. i'll still be reading...
123123123123123po chapter 20 . 6/20/2007
ignore your evil reviewers you write so beautifully an dhonest and in a way he got his happy ending, he was happy an dmarried and life was good and now he is at peace.

I am in tears as i read this chapter your writing is so powerful, and i am a blubbering mess but your a brilliant author and deserve such great credit! i LOVE the dioea of one shots you should also maybe do a sequal, Sarah as a single mum. maybe as her kid in 5 or 6, her starting to date again but feeling guilty or something like that i would love to read that

you an AMAZING author never forget that
MorvanaDuMiruvor chapter 2 . 6/19/2007
This is wonderful. I'll be honest-I'm not particularly interested in Japanese culture. I am more interested in European culture, bu I find this very interesting. You Ichijouji is a bit like Harry Potter's Draco Malfoy. Very cool, very collected, but a total asshole. Anyway, I hope I have time to continue this often. I quite like it.
mia5081 chapter 20 . 6/19/2007
i'm not sure...whether to cry or throw a tantrum lol. i loved osamu, but i have faith that you'll be able to pull the story together wonderfully at the end. i wished he was alive tho, he sounded like one ubersexy man )

update soon!

~mia
ihrtbks chapter 20 . 6/19/2007
I still don't like the fact that you killed Osamu, but you're the writer and I'm merely a reader. This chapter...good that they caught the murderer (isn't it his uncle?) and that Sara has enough guts to not kill herself (or as you put it, not enough to).

UPDATE SOON!
Insane and Logical chapter 19 . 6/19/2007
sad
giraffeeee chapter 19 . 6/19/2007
Oh my god. I hope this is only a hoax, because if it isn't, I think I might have to kill you or force you to change it in some way. Oi.
160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »