Reviews for One day in my life
Keree chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Aww, those freaking people. It's good that you like your home life.
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Eivind,

I was shocked and disgusted at the treatment you recieved from the other kids. I could not believe how you were treated. I would have jumped up and smashed those kids faces in for you. I get a really sick feeling when I see how teachers ignore some of the things that go on in their classrooms. They say that they care so much and still they are oblivious to the harassment that kids must undergo.

When I moved to the United States, kids made fun of me because of my accent, but I just tried really hard to drop the accent and they left me alone. I am so sorry that you had to go through this pain. I could not imagine having to put up with that for three years.

Despite all of the things that have happened to you, your family and friends seems to have helped support you and keep you strong. You are braver then I ever will be and I admire your courage.

I know this was written a long time ago, but these types of wounds never heal for me. Despite everything that you have been through, you are a remarkable person who writes beautifully.

Thinking of you,

Lady Alera Van Hexis
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Another heartbreaking touching piece. I got so angry at the teacher who was just standing there, watching what that kid was doing and not doing a thing about it. I can't believe people are such heartless jerks. It really makes me sad for the world, and my heart breaks for the people who have to endure as much pain that you've gone through. Once again, you've done an excellent job putting your heart onto the paper. It made me smile when Felix was playing with a sock. )
WhatsThePoint chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Aww, thats terrible! Your story was so touching, and to think it was only a day. I still can't believe how bad kids could get back then (and probably still can today) by doing such an idiotic thing, if ya'll were in high school then, most likely that kid would of been yelled at by the students for being a heartless jerk. At least in the end you realized the bright side regardless of what happened before. Thats always a wonderful thing to look forward to.
Won't-wear-a-Halo chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
I'm touched! It's awful to live through heartache such as you have dealt with. Unfortunately children at the age of 11 mostly don't understand pain, unless they are living it.

It hurts when they don't understand you and make fun of you and your condition. I know I've been there. Only I was mostly called names (luckily never more then that) because I was short and fat. Later I grew about 20 centimeter and lost all the fat on my body. Then people suddenly wanted to be my friend yet I never really fell for that.

For me it got a lot better once I went to high school, I hope for you as well because nobody deseres the treatment you got!
InkyPink chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
I can't believe that boy actually took your crutches. He's either got no brain or no soul, or neither. What an idiot, I hope someday he realises what sort of person he is and apologises to you.

On a different note, keep up the optimism! I'm so glad to hear that you could find the bright things in life even after days at school like that. I think that most people - including myself - would have gone home and ended up picking a fight with their parents just because they'd had such a bad day. That fact that you didn't shows that you're probably a much better person than I am :)
Greenladie chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
This story was amazing! I also have problems with my legs (knees specifically) although no where near as severe as yours. I've been in physical therepy for close to five years now and my doctor is talking about surgery. I still have kids call me names for having a limp and I'm 17 years old! This story really hit home with me because you were able to express your exasperation with intolerant people but still keep a optimistic outlook on life.
Translucently Opaque chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
This is rather tricky for me, because I can never seem to express myself easily, a skill which you seem to have mastered. I have read a few poems and such of yours since you reviewed my poem “Eyes of Ocean Blue” (which I thank you for, by the way. I am glad you liked it!) and something that seems to underlie in all of your works is a tone that is positive and confident. Even here, where you present the difficulties in your life, you end with “At least I have a good family.” You end with something positive. To be blatant, it is very refreshing to see. People are constantly complaining about their hardships and not paying any attention to the good things in their lives. Yet, despite your hardships, you remain optimistic. I am glad that our paths crossed in the greatness of cyberspace; reading your works has left me with a feeling of gladness. That someone has kept such hope and faith, in these occasionally dark times, is very uplifting. I know others have of course, but I meet them so rarely. And you’re a very talented writer as well. I shall fare thee well, now. I left a longer review than I intended. Thank you for listening to my rant. And thank you again for your review on my poem.
Dancer en pointe chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
thats terrible the way they treated you... but at least its not as bad now and at least you have a nice family :)

Dancer en Pointe
sweetxbliss chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Some people are really cruel out there. Then they expect pity when something minorly bad happens to them. Ugh.

You're writing is great though! It pulls you in quickly. You express your feelings exceedingly well too!

-SweetXBliss-
Celeste Bloodrayne chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
I think that what happened to you was terrible. I'd gladly murder your teacher for letting things get so much out of hand. And if this is a sample of what your life has been... I think you're a great guy because you're pulling through.

*hugs*
A. J. Krautwurst chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
i guess the fact that it's titled 'one day in my life' would be indicative of the purose of the piece - to show one day. however, this would be great as part of a longer story. the scene in the theatre at school would make a good climax. the only suggestion i would give is that there is room for much more description. it would add to the emotion of the piece. nice work!
Willow Wildfire chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
_ Damn... Yeah, we've got kids, Like Sevvre in our class... I'm glad I'm not one of 'em... Assholes.. This really touched me, and damn.. (Sigh) I'm just kinda speechless right now..

Willow Wildfire
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Reading this made me feel guilty about the problems I sometimes complain about in my life. For whatever reason, my strongest (And almost only) memories of elementary school are of when I was mean to people. I just remember some of the things I said (To my friends and others), and the guilt I felt when I saw the hurt looks on their faces afterwards. I think it hurt me almost as much as it hurt them. The thing I enjoyed most about your story was probably the length, long enough to say what it needs to say while short enough to condense it into its most potent form.
Silent Proclamation chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
I can't begin to relate to what you've gone through, but your words really unleash some of the anguish you must feel and instill in the reader. Your use of the first person is powerful, especially coupled with the disjointed scenes such as 'someone staring back at you' from the mirror. It's an amazing reflection on internal human struggle.