Reviews for flowers never lie
hide your eyes chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
this is such an amazing concept, and this poem really does it justice. i loved it.
SirenThird chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
This is a gorgerous haiku, I can just picture this girl looking through the fields for the right flower. You've created a really beautiful, creative image here; however tragic.

The only possibly helpful thing that I could say that I noticed for most of your poems is that if you didn't know the title of the piece before reading, they don't stand up as well.

Just

and I scour the fields

of daises to find the one

that says, “he loves me”.

Doesn't land as well as

flowers never lie

and I scour the fields

of daises to find the one

that says, “he loves me”.

At least not for me anyway.

I'd suggest using the title as more of a garnish than part of the actual poem.

And if I'm spitting out bubbles here then just ignore me. :p

Anyway, good job.
Enya Putsch chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
i love this one- it's so sad and desperate. I also LOVED your one about being five and cinderella and prince charming- that was immense. i know exactly how you feel- being a kid is so much better than growing up. it sucks!
chocohound chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Another great one! I know I've gone through the daisies just to get that right one. As if all fate depends on that daisy. Great job!
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
short, simple, but powerful. i can say that i've felt the same way.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
oh i love this! its such an image of desperation, and the whole "he loves me" on daisies is such a young image...it really works. it sort of shows how the relationship works so subtly. and "scour" is a great harsh word with the pretty diasy images. great piece.
burning in effigy chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
love the idea and the simplicity, allowing the reader to get a lot from just three lines

great job!
Crossing the Rubicon chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
Oh, I love this! Great haiku.
classic violet chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
vivid and beautiful.
Atelophobia chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I love the simple idea of this, how you convey it. Definitely one of the most effective use of haiku I've seen so far.
Basara chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
like a child do? if so... sweet...

nice...
autumnmurder chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I can almost picture a colorless field of flowers with a girl searching for just one with a little vibrancy. Very nice. Short, and sweet.