Reviews for Writings from the Black Lagoon
Durandel chapter 16 . 5/2/2007
Pretty Funny, now that was some stuff that I never even heard of before, can't really say much more, except they lightened my day.
Durandel chapter 15 . 5/2/2007
Wow... that was good, I can't really do haikus, so I do Tankas instead, but wow, they were really good. I liked the last one the most.
Durandel chapter 14 . 5/2/2007
Hey! Why am I not on here? jk

From what I can tell, they must be really good poets, since you are good and thus must like good ones, even though I kind of fall asleep when I read poetry from a book, though on FictionPress it seems a bit more interesting to read poems, especially when they're good.

Oh, I changed my name mainly because the last one sounded a bit dorky, plus I read an interesting story with a guy that had a sword called Durandel. Well thats about it. Onto the next!

P.S. Is there anybody from Meteor that are still in that group? I think it died, and the acutal authors haven't been updating their stories that often. I wonder what happened.
brokendreams21 chapter 16 . 4/21/2007
Ahahaha...the stick joke made my day. I'm going to add that into my new MSN Space. Come visit sometime. ) I'll link you if you ask for it.

I love quotes. They always make me smile.

Have an awesome day! (I'll go back and review the haikus another day.)

Love love love,

Katty
brokendreams21 chapter 14 . 4/21/2007
Haha...Roses are Red. Specifically, which one?

I'll be sure to get around to reading all the ones that are bolded...eventually. Wish me luck...

Katty.
SirScott chapter 16 . 4/15/2007
That was interesting. I look forward to the short stories.

SirScott
WyrdWolf chapter 16 . 4/10/2007
YAY QUOTES!

'There are times I really want to get chunky.' Outstanding, really. If I were there I would have laughed my ass off, but it's still funny.

'That’s horrible. You must be damp -all- the time.' Bit of an open-mouthed gape at that one. Amazing.

I always get so excited when you bring home pharmacy bags. I think it’s food and I’m like, ‘I like me some pharmacy sandwiches.’ And then it’s wind chimes and I’m like, ‘I can’t eat wind chimes.’ L. O. L. Hilarious. Reminds me of this comedian's joke, Kyle Cease: I hate it when people don't carve their pumpkins for Halloween, they just paint faces on them. But some people don't even do that, some people just paint faces on pieces of paper, you know? But some people won't even do THAT, they'll just take a bunch of words and put it on a piece of paper, and it's like an essay on Ben Franklin or some shit and they'll turn it in at school the next day and it won't even be Halloween and you'll just be, like, "Nice Jack-O-Lantern, asshole!"

Yeah, I've got that kinda time.

'Does Genna look anorexic to you? She’s eating the vomit jell. If she were anorexic, she’d be vomiting the jello, not eating it.' Amazing contradiction.

'Your name’s like Noel, only with a ‘j.’' Love how this was said by someone named Jeddry.

'My step-dad’s gay with my little pink fish!' Little pink fish? Should I ask?

'I tried to sniff coke, but ice cubes got in my nose.' OUTSTANDING. Something I very much want to say soon.

'I am wearing clothes! What do you call this? (indicates shirt)

... lingerie?' HA! My friend Taylor wears this very lingerie looking shirt to school sometimes...I always bust her chops about it.

Hm...I still don't get the 'elephino' one. Do tell!

'I’m talking about the penal code and not the one about law enforcement. I’m talking about the kind that gets you bent over a table.' ...can't...stop...laughing...

Amazing super grass, amazing quotes!

WyrdWolf chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Ah, I like the one with the fog-love simile and the final one very much. And the stress one gave me a smile. *grin* Didn't really get the one about silence/gutters lined with fear, though...o.O Good work, love!

WyrdWolf chapter 14 . 4/10/2007
This is cool. Was it actually an assignment, or were you just like, 'Why not?'

Unfortunately, I actually don't read any poetry aside from FP unless assigned or read to us in a Writer's Guild meeting, so I'm not familiar with too many of the poems here (although I have heard several of Taylor Mali's pieces...*giggle* Ever heard the one on how to write a political poem?)

I'm on! I feel so cool and celebrity-ish. *hug* As a sidenote, it's actually spelled 'Xanth'. Doesn't really matter, though, love.

Elliptical Shapes chapter 12 . 3/11/2007
wow, your English teacher is so cool. I only wish ours would have introduced us to Haiku, you're so lucky, Baxter; all we ever got was fucking Shakespeare.

Considering the topic, they're good, but you could do better if you made some without limits attached.

Alan.
morethancarbon chapter 2 . 3/9/2007
Great job, love the imagery. I can picture this guy in my mind. You didn't go crazy with the adjectives, so kudos to you!

The nametag screams

to the world who you

are, but I can’t

decipher the scrawled black lines

Love that stanza.
brokendreams21 chapter 13 . 3/4/2007
Amusing bits and pieces. I liked this round of quotes. Most of them made me smile. The only ones that didn't...were the ones that I didn't understand.

My math teacher said something really funny...it went something like: Let's put on our substitution cruise-control thinking caps. (Applying to solving linear systems...)

And then...he said something like: Today's note is Methods of Elimination, Part II. Wait...that just sounds like a really bad sequel to a movie.

Our math teacher is awesome. Actually...they were funnier at the time. .

Katherine
brokendreams21 chapter 12 . 3/4/2007
Little amusing pieces. I have never mastered the art of skillfully placing punctuation, but it's apparent that you have.

I love imagery in a poem. You capture some really good snapshots of moments.

You're awesome. Great job.

Katherine
DeathMetal18 chapter 10 . 3/2/2007
okay. uh, Im kinda lost here. Does this have a meaning? Is the wind like a symbol for something, or amybe I just totally missed the point oh well. This is really good this whole "Black Lagoon" thing.
DeathMetal18 chapter 4 . 3/2/2007
"Why do you wear boots in a pet store?

You might step in a poodle." amazing. That made me laugh my ass off and I dont know why.

“You’re interesting. Take it as a compliment so that I don’t have to wipe your memory of today.”

“Ha,” he responded sarcastically.

“You know it was funny. You’re just knee-deep in a fun little river I like to call ‘Denial.’” Beautiful really. That had to take some time to come up with. I am kinda scared though. I mean, what the hell is this for? It so funny, yet so gaddamned random that I have to ask. No, I dont have to ask, I feel obligated to ask, so I will again, What the hell is this for? Maybe you want to work at a cracked out coffe house? Oh, maybe you just like confusing me and making me look like an ass by trying to decifer you amazing writings. Huh. Well, Im off to chapter five!
144 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »