Reviews for Martyrdom is Just Another Word for Success
Banshee Junior chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
I love the "I'm-not-Jesus-Christ"ness of this one! It not only looks at your own personal view of "fixing yourself", but also sort of sheds light over your own individual reaction to suffering in a sense.

This also sort of reminds me of something Wislawa Szymborska says in her Nobel Prize speech...something to the effect of: "The greatest thing a poet can say is 'I don't know'". I may be wrong, but I like that this poem, in its own confused way (not that the poem is, just that the narrator sounds puzzled and confused and vulnerable), celebrates this "not knowing"!
Crossing the Rubicon chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
I love the flippancy of the last line. Heck, I love the whole thing.
xhaiiro chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
This is so great, I love the way you write.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Witty and makes a good point. I love the last line.
in theory chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I like the idea a lot, especially the last line.
sporkofdoom chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Short. Sweet. Beautiful. Biting.
K E Douglas chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
I love this piece. I love the sarcasm in the last stanza "I've never been able to do anything for myself,/let alone carpentry". It's got a real bite to it. Fantabulous :D
The Postscript chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Hmm. At first, I was not sure about this one, but I like it. Not just the underlying sentiment, but the way a person can relate to it. It seems like at one point or another in a person’s life, they have someone always telling them to “Wake Up” or asking them where they are, when they will start stepping up, etc. Sometimes that fact, being so overwhelmed with what life has already given a person, is such a burden that they can not bring themselves to recognize they cannot “build” something new. Great, original, writing on something much bigger than ourselves. Keep writing, k.
x account closed x chapter 1 . 9/20/2006

God this makes me want to dance around and sing like lalala!

I love it :)

Lately I've been getting tired of FP, everything is starting to blend into eachother but I have found a Star!

woot

:D

probably goes without saying but,

favorited

much love because you rock :)-brit