Reviews for Just Take A Look
Doodleflip chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
This poem seems more like a song to me, it seems to repeat as though it has verses and a chorus. It has a great flow, and some excellent imagery, and although I think some lines are pure genius ("The crystal water,Its brilliant shine,A memory for All mankind." "Mirror, mirror Shines like gold.") the other lines, while still good, pale in comparison, as the imagery in them is not as strong. Overall though, an excellent . Thanks a MILLION for the shout out in your profile, not to mention the reviews. :D
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
I really appreciated the subtle rhyme - it was very well-down. Good piece.

You should check out my new poem "Giving Up"
truefire chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
a suggestion that has helped me grow as a writer:take a good look at your line breaks and see if they're all nessisary - short lines are good because they are easy to read, but if you mix them with longer ones - they make more of an impact.i haven't read enough of your stuff to know if this only applies to this poem (which is fine) but i know that i, at least, used to only use short lines, and i think the variation has helped me.
silentscreamer07 chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
*wow* really..just *wow* I don't even know what to say. This is just..amazing. You have some great writing talent! It's so nice to see someone who can write pretty well. (It seems like a lot of people have been posting some good stuff lately, usually when I'm looking through just-in's there's never anything just fantastic)

But this, I loved it! And let me tell ya something, I usually hate romance poetry. I hate it. I hate it with a passion. It's all based around the same stuff, it's all cliche, and it's never any good. Too mushy usually for my taste. But not this. It was sweet, and passionate, and kind..ans just..*wow* I loved it! So you deserve a cookie, because, really, this was beautiful.

Your rhyming was good too. I'm awful at that. I can't rhyme without it sounding forced or cheesy. But this, went very well. Awesome job! I'm very envious of your skills..haha. *keep it up!*

Britney

*adds story to fav. list*