Reviews for This Dark Inside of Me
gomey chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Matthew,

I have enjoyed reading a lot of your submissions here. I really connect and feel the words that you use and the emotion that surges through your work. Good stuff!

Have you ever considered publishing some of your work? I really think that you should have it in book form.

I am not a stalker, promise. I am a publisher. I also write.

I have been trying to get enough young people interested in submitting work for an anthology of poetry and short stories. Would you be interested in having more information? I love Fiction Press and it finally hit me that I might find enough young people here that would like to be part of something like this.

Are you interested?
DarkBlysse chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
"Pick apart the pieces

And dissect my agony"

-That's such a powerful image and statement to have at the start. I'd already been drawn in to read this by the title, but that line made me certain that I was going to like the poem.

I loved the part about filling the cup and letting people drink from it. Those two stanzas were so original.

"Let them suffer for a change

Let them feel how I feel

Let them corrode like I have"

-I liked the shift here. It went from sorrow and misery to anger and bitterness. I think nearly everyone can relate to that feeling of, "No, you suffer for a while."

"To busy raging inside"-I think you mean to use 'too' at the start, and not 'to.'

Man, you've got a gift with words. Kudos to you for writing!
bipedalcooney chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
I really like the emotion you've put into this piece, so my only criticism for this (on a strictly poetic standpoint) would be that the way you portrayed some of the emotion here was a little cliched. Just the whole sorrow-darkness-bleeding concept. Not the whole poem is "cliched", of course. The poem itself is very good, and has some very well written lines. I thought that the third and fourth stanzas were especially creative. Generally, I liked this. Great work and definatley write more.
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
A vivid piece with a dark atmosphere, which I have enjoyed reading. You have a good sense of words. Well done and thank you for the review!
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Another powerful piece, Matt. The image of passing around the cup and letting "all drink from it and let them see me for who I am" was really vivid. You've got talent, hun. Have always believed that and always will.

x Laura x
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Extremely powerful and dark. Nicely done.
justaguy chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Incredible! That is the first word that comes to my mind. You have become a favorite author to me. How I relate to this. It amazes me. Just incredible words that are filled with emotion. You touched my heart.