Reviews for Kissing Frogs
Che chapter 17 . 11/28/2017
I really love this story. I must say I was't going to review but changed my mind after a chance glimpse of an author's note some chapters ago, which made me vow to review at the end (Thank God I remembered, phew!). However, I'm not big on reviews, but here goes...:
I've read a lot of your novel length stories (if not all)
1. I love that God is in them.
2. I love that they are complete (the ones I've been interested in reading)
3. You're characters are really people I don't like but you've made me love them by making them relatable and actually showing me them. Amazing!
4. I really like Roydon, looks and personality - even when he was being mean.
5. In this story, you have shown me your great command of the first person POV, that I generally do not enjoy. This is one of the few that I've loved.
6. I love that your stories as third person POV - I've found that in BWWM genres they are hard to come by...so is a well written, well developed (characters, setting, plot and conclusion) story hard to come by, but yours meets my (regrettably high) standards.

A few scanty constructive criticism,
Some chapters seems to not quite follow the foundation laid down by previous chapters.
There are some grammatical and typo errors (this happens)
I wish you did have a bit more development in your story (sorry I can't expound! :() and most time the heroine's emotional drama is too roller-coaster for me, I can quite follow (this can also relate to the first point of constructive criticism)

Well, I must say I'm glad this review was longer that I thought it would be, though very short than if we had this chat in person, as I would have chatted your ear off and be ready to answer any amount of your questions.
Continue writing, I truly enjoy your mind - it's genius.
God bless!
dilare chapter 17 . 2/1/2016
how is this done? I want more
Brightheart chapter 17 . 7/19/2014
I'm conflicted about this story... there are some parts that I liked and some parts that I didn't...
RomanticTeen chapter 17 . 12/3/2012
I really loved reading this story! I think the story line progressed a little quickly but I think that's what made it so great. I probably would have liked to see it extended a little like maybe until after spring break but it still turned out great!
badboysarebest chapter 17 . 12/26/2011
I loved this story! You write great dialogue.
cesiaj chapter 17 . 6/15/2011
honestly, it left a bad taste in the mouth. & no i'm not saying you're a terrible writer, the plot was good actually. you covered teenage drama really well too. the first statement is meant to be a compliment, because you were able to elicit those bitterweet feelings in me. it was all there: the pissed off guy who sleeps with someone else when he can't have who he really wants, partnered with the drama queen who's only waiting for that guy to court her properly, which he never really did (i don't count the flower part & the flirtings & the sex as 'proper' courting). well i guess it's just my issues, because i really hate guys who always go on rebound & sleep with someone else whenever they can't get what they want from their main girl. if that's what you call liking someone really bad, then i don't know what guys like that could do when the one they love disappoints them. & the worst part is, they get forgiven afterwards. sick.

i like fairy tales better with a prince & a princess and all that, but you wrote about two frogs. & you did a pretty damn good story out of it. messy yes, but whether intentional or not, it added up to the whole coming-of-age angstyness (is that a word?) of the plot. even if i didn't like the main characters' characteristics, you were able to maintain these characteristics from start to end. which is why it felt too real... real enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. & i can't really complain coz that's what a typical highschool's like, & you did a good job portraying it. kind of cliche, but you were able to pull it off. the side stories were good too, & i loved how each supporting character also got enough "airtime" in the story.

i haven't read your other stories yet, but i'd like to read something with more mature characters as well. oh, & beware of typos. they're few, but scattered across the pages. other than that, keep it up. :)

weird review? sorry.
Lullay chapter 17 . 6/10/2011
Okay...Where to start ?

I really liked it but some things kind of bothered me.

At first, when I read Roydon' description, I was a bit perplexed. I thought that I had fallen in another vampire/werewolf/fantasycreatures thingy, I don't mind those, I usually love them but I needed a break from fantasy so yeah, I was surprised by the eyes and the teeth.

I could've passed it if it wasn't for when he said they were meant to be together. I think I liked the other explanation, where he said he had faith. Because "meant to be together" was too deep to go along with the story (I think).

Then, there's that part where Amber's mother says that it's ironic that her daughter had sex on the rooftop but you didn't explain, I was kinda curious about it

And also, I felt Amber had way too many insecurities for who she is. I found it unnerving how she kept pushing him away -.-

But well that's my thinking :)

Other than that, I feel that you wrote well ! I absolutely loved that part where the people she hurt tried to get back at her when she was so down, it made me soooooooooo sad for her. What I loved even more was how she got back on her feet, even though hurt, she didn't become just useless ! I loved it !

And also the part where she gets back at Hazel, awesomeness I say !

Thanks for this gooooooooood goooooooooood story !

End of my ranting !
ivygbear01 chapter 17 . 4/24/2011
Thank you for sharing this story with me ! I was a very good touching story ! I hope you have many more storys coming up ...
ivygbear01 chapter 10 . 4/23/2011
This is a very good story and I like where this is going .. I just hope she can just give him a change already lol. Keep up the good job !
saxxhero chapter 10 . 1/24/2011
I really really like this story.

It's freakinn beast as hell! 8]
Sky Fish chapter 17 . 1/9/2011
I really enjoyed reading this story. I'm actually going through an awful messy break up right now and this story brought a smile to my face and made me realize some things. Thank you :)
OrangeOwl chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
Hey, new reviewer here. (: Sorry for not reviewing the other chapters, but that doesn't mean I didn't think they were amazing. (: Heck, your story's amazing. (x Well anyway, I wanna review THIS chapter because I think it's the best one yet. (: Well, not best for Amber, but I like this one. It's incredibly sad and it almost made me cry, and it made me hate this Hazel girl and Roydon, but I love him nevertheless. (x
passionqueen chapter 9 . 12/28/2010
Good story

at times, it's weirdly bipolar but amber's supposed to be like that

i loved it though

also, great titles of the chapters!
InViSiBlE chapter 10 . 12/28/2010
LOVIN THIS PLEASE MAKE MORE
lovably17 chapter 17 . 12/28/2010
BEST STORY EVER! I love it, awesome job!

68 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »