Reviews for The Prisoner of Peace
olivia chapter 11 . 5/27/2013
write more of this story before I DIE! thank you. no seriously, this is an amazing story. This ought to be published. if you give up on this tale, my imaginary warriors will hunt you down and lock you in the dungeon till tis done
lonestar chapter 11 . 9/7/2007
Well now that I decided to read one of your stories I find that your CC was in accordance with you talent as a writer. You have now been inducted to My Hall of Favourite Stories. One thing though; you better finish yousr story quickly before I figure out a way to force out of you. Trust me that WOULDN'T be nice.
DigiChar chapter 11 . 4/6/2007
I love this story!

But, even if Alexandra tried to runaway, someone would try to find her. Anyways, I really like how they love/dislike one another.
clutzycreamtart chapter 11 . 12/25/2006
The kiss was a bit odd. I don't know. I don't know if it was early per say, but it just seemed unrealistic compared to the rest of the story. I blame myself for complaining to you about another story I am reading that took too long to have a kiss. I'm still really enjoying it! Maybe if i read it again I'll like the kiss more. Oh, and I don't think she should just give up on the whole throne room thing, it just doesn't seem like something she would do, but perhaps that will be resolved later. Merry Christmas dearie.
volopurus chapter 11 . 12/21/2006
This is a really cool story.

I like the way you add other stuff in that we're all familiar with.

I'll be reading.
KaiaLeigh chapter 11 . 12/20/2006
Great chapter, I was wondering if she would get to be friends with his sis.
KaiaLeigh chapter 10 . 12/20/2006
Great chapter, a kiss came a little quick though, but that's so nice that he got her brothers horse for her.
Love-Always-and-Forever chapter 11 . 12/20/2006
Ok, I'm reviewing again. I really like this story. I have added it to my story alert. UPDATE AS SOON AS YOU CAN and I will keep reading.
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 3 . 12/18/2006
That was a great idea, posting up a world map! D:! I had one made years ago that I have been redrawing ever since. But I no longer have a scanner, so if I were to make one, it would be a squiggly-looking one made on MS paint. I think I'll start on it tonight and have it posted by tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes. auu! DX

I love the kind of clouds being illustrated in the first paragraph. I've loved them ever since childhood. I like the lilting, trouncing quality of the narration. I know it doesn't have a random, zany, wacky quality, but the voice is reminding me somewhat of Douglass Adam-or maybe I'm just associated this story to books I really enjoy. XD!

[“So I was thinking,” Hector began, breaking the silence of their first breakfast together, “that it would be nice if we went for a walk around the grounds and then have lunch at the beach.”] Aww! This guy is killing me. I'm imagining this BIG BIG gruff dude with a huge beard and twinkly eyes and a husky voice like, booming at her. lmao She must be like: "stfu u monster"

[Alexandra groaned inwardly and found herself longing to throw herself out of the window of the little breakfast nook.] LOL!

[Hector grimaced. This was going to be harder than he thought.] Hey, I don't think it's that bad if MY wife were to call me "My lord" all over the place. lmao It has a nice ring to it, actually. Or maybe I'm just a tyrant at heart.

[Hector guided Alexandra, showing her this statue and that rosebush that Lord Such-and-Such planted or was in honor of General So-and-So.] I'm tittering like an old woman. God, I love this story. I just feel so bad that Hector's trying to reach out to her and she just wants to curbstomp him or fly in front of a horse-drawn carriage. I like, though, that he enjoys his country. I always had this impression that kings didn't really enjoy their own countries-otherwise, they wouldn't invade other people's.

[At the risk of sounding arrogant, he was a great catch.] Even the narration for this guy is humble. NOW I know what this story REALLY reminds me of! On an old account, I used to read this story called [Terrance Terryal] by FalconerAysel. I think it's still around! The characterization was great, though she (and me, too!) had a stronger inclination toward using dialogue in her story-but the heart-warming characterization of [Prisoner of Peace] brings me back to reading that story. It was easy to read and easy to love! Except hers had a million characters running through-ah, don't get me wrong, they were all distinguishable and easy to remember, but then I sort of lost momentum when I left for a long time, and couldn't remember half their names, though I remembered characterizations of them. She had this same, playful approach to writing her stories, too. Precious gems! I should look for the story again and review the hell out of it under this account. Uh-oh. Where was I. Oh, yeah! The characterization of Hector through the narration! Yeah, it's a very gentle tone.

[She was right where he left her, just staring off into space. Or that is what it looked like. He did not think she was very bright.] lmao! omg

[There was just something magically about it; leaning close, urging the horse to go faster;] I think "magically" is *magical.

[They arrived at the stables and Hector went straight to the back (leaving his wife to stand their awkwardly once more), looking for a suitable horse for Alexandra and.] I think "(and) himself" was erased! D:!

[“No thank you my lord,” she retorted, “I think I can manage.” She promptly drew up her skirts, went straight to the grand horse that Hector had obviously intended for himself, and threw herself on top of it. That’ll teach him.] LMAO! Yeah, that'll show him! I like that the two of them aren't overly nice or overly mean or overly compassionate-they're so balanced, as if they were made for each other. Like... Mr. and Mrs. Smith! It wasn't a very well-written movie, but I still loved it.

I really liked this chapter, though it was short. I prefer short chapters to long ones (though I haven't been able to write a 500 word chapter since [A Strong, Windless Place in the Sky]), because you could really see the skill, style and finesse compacted into such a tiny space-it really shines through! A lot like a great poem or short story. It's short, but fulfilling. I couldn't have asked for it to be shorter or longer than what is here. Another solid chapter, and a great way to end my reviewing night!

Rock on, Mountaineer!
horsegurl770 chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
AMAZING! wow... omg your story is awesome, great detail and i love your writing style. you do the flashbacks really well
Love-Always-and-Forever chapter 10 . 12/18/2006
I really like reading this story. Great job with the fast updates! Keep it up! I just hope that everything between Alexandra and Hector will work out. And what's going to happen with Michael? I can't wait to keep reading. C Ya!
Love-Always-and-Forever chapter 9 . 12/18/2006
Ok, here's my opinion... I really think she should stay with Hector! I know she doesn't exactly like him, but she could learn to. I would really like it if you would update as soon as you can! C Ya!
clutzycreamtart chapter 9 . 12/18/2006
"Of course, he had thought that her marriage to Hector was about the best idea since the invention of the wheel."

Priceless! The camping bit was amazing. The cliffhanger was... not so nice.
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 2 . 12/18/2006

The harpist's song was hilarious, omg! That's like... everyone at a birthday party giving the celebrant crappy gifts, and singing a song about a person who should be happy even if they get crappy gifts. LOL

It sucks that Alex has to keep still and not make waves for the sake of a dead guy-even if he is her husband. [She would be almost as bad as her cousin, Kayser] That one sentence is missing punctuation. It made me LOL, though. It's lines like those that make me feel like I'm immersed in a story that knows itself really well. [She could become a maid at a lord’s castle and then eventually have a quiet life with a farmer and then-] LOL! Ah, God, Hector's twice her size! He could crush her in their marriage bed, omg.

[The priest gave a truly love speech to open the ceremony.] I think "love" speech was actually *loving. [It was about love and the wonderment of marriage and the glory of God and the glory of God and love as a part of the wonderment of marriage.] lmao! O man, I love this story. Poor girl. [The priest thought it was his best work yet; he even managed to slip in a clever bit about the need for a higher moral standard among the people of Verlynn.] Terrible! lmao I see him with a sort of relieved sneer after giving the speech. I love the whole priest paragraph; it effortlessly and seamlessly weaves his voice into the narrative. I'm amazed at how flexible the narrative voice is in general. It could shift from one person to the next without confusing anyone. It reminds me of the best of Jane Austen, except this story isn't as trivial as the marriage customs she features in her books-God love her.

"Queen Alexandra of Verlynn" has a nice ring to it, though. She must've been shaking like a leaf up there on the altar. That's terrible. It sucks to be torn between wanting to and having to, thoughts of fainting or escape, mixed with ones of duty and obligation. I feel like that sometimes-I mean, not about love and marriage or anything important like that. Just normal small things.

[Hector had done such a good job. With a single twenty minute ceremony he had ended the wars between Pryant and Verlynn. It was almost too good to be true. It was so simple, yet so brilliant; he wondered why no one had ever thought of it before.] Hey, this guy isn't so bad... I mean, he doesn't sound so terrible if he's happy he ended the wars between them. And it's really true-bad things seem to fit in correlation with massive archives of books being burned. I think, symbolically, when we get rid of institutions of learning or thought, we're just giving a big UP YOURS to logic, which, of course, isn't very efficient.

[Woo-hoo! See, I got so desperate for reads that I went to the supermarket and bought a campy novel by Nora Roberts. I want to grate my teeth every single time she delves into the minds of her characters, especially guys. Ah, but Roberts has some great passion-descriptions. Now I have ample reading material to soften the blow of that poor woman's hard work.

[He thought he might even be able to like her, maybe even love her. Well, maybe not, but at least he would try. For the sake of their future children, he would try. His parents had never really cared for each other and he suspected that they were never truly happy.] Aw! Hector! He reminds me of the Beast from Beaumont's "Beauty and the Beast", except he's much more sensible and open-hearted... and not a big giant furry enchanted creature, but still! Hector!

[“It’s been three days, my lord,” she said coldly, frustrated with his attempt at kindness.] LOL! The three day custom. XD!

[Perhaps he would beat her or yell at her incessantly, that would help.] LOL! Both Alexandra and poor Hector are somewhat the same, except Alexandra leans more toward not liking him, while he leans toward trying to like her. That won't be very good in future encounters. This is a terrible circumstance, but an awesome read. XD! [She could even see, now that she had removed herself from the situation, that he was trying to be kind, and that made it all the worse.] Ah, I could imagine. Poor Alex, give him a chance!

I really love this story; it gives me warm feelings inside, and it has a soft, somewhat satiric humor, and even without italics and the whole shebang, it's so easy to read into the tone of the narrative. I'm still just amazed at this narrative-so fluid, so omnipresent but at the same time, so quiet. -strokes the narrative like a tiger.- Love!

I really enjoy this story (I should stop saying that); I'm going to eat lunch and possibly come back later to sit in with another chapter! If not, then tomorrow!

Rock on!
KaiaLeigh chapter 9 . 12/18/2006
Oh, I hope you update soon so we're not left hanging too long.

Maybe you should have her rough it out with Hector. Maybe if he finds the letter she wrote then he would try harder. But it would be interesting to intro a new guy into the picture to stir things up.
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »