Reviews for Bellerophon
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Powerful piece-I like the third stanza as my favorite I think. This one is really polished nicely.
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I love the way you link the mythical sides with beautiful imagery. The first stanza is my favourite - the imagery of trying to tame a moonbeam to harness a star is a powerful one. Great piece.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Sad. I like this line of poetry, incorporating things of the past into vivid images. It's fun and pleasant to read.

Again, probably a bit confusing for anyone who wouldn't know. I can only think of Mission Impossible as I read this ... and I laugh in my head because I'm a loser like that.

Anywho ... WRITE ON, because some people (me) need things to read to carry on ... and you're a good source.

Felicia.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Beautifully tragic, especially the last stanza: "You hobble down the street"-nice imagery, and it kind of brings the whole poem back to the present. Kind of. Yeah? Right. I like the Bellerophon myth, but a lot of your phrases really reminded me of Phaeton. I was just in the Ducal Palace at Mantua this week, and I saw a really amazing fresco of Phaeton asking Phoebus for the sun chariot-a beautifully tragic story, worth hundreds of poems.

Nice job.

J
InkandIntrospection chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Beautiful. Moves your thoughts this way and that, like the moonbeam that cannot be tamed. ;)
BearHeart chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
This feels like an excerpt from a longer poem. Good work.