Reviews for Actaeon
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
This is an interesting piece and you have me until the very last line... I think it would be stronger to end with the stanza above. Partlky because you used a similiar but not exact version of it earlier and the earlier version feels stronger to me. Anyway, I like it overall :)
felicia13 chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
That is so awesome. It made me smile. Yes, it was a somewhat sadistic smile, but it was a grinning, sadistic smile. So it's ok.

Firstly, it's awesome how you made Greek mythology into this masterpiece.

Secondly, it's even more awesome because I know a bit of this. The story Arachne has fascinated me for a while ...

Thirdly, because the ending rocks. "But, at least, your hounds fed well on your flesh." is perhaps the most awesome thing I have read in quite a while. No lie.

The only problem I could see with this is if someone who was COMPLETELY ignorant of Greek mythology tried to read it. But that's their own problem.

Glad you enjoyed The Death of Superman. Made me check out your profile and find this, so I'm happy.

WRITE ON, wild-child, WRITE ON!

Felicia.
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Great. Here we have a great Phaeton reference. Actaeon, though... kind of a gory myth. Sad, too, how savage the gods can be to the mortals who "offend" them. It kind of reminds me of Palinurus at the end of Aeneid 5... only he didn't offend anyone... he just had to die. I guess that's what life is all about sometimes. Nice job on this. I really like the conversational tone at the beginning.
BearHeart chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
OOH! Gruesome! Good work. Well expressed.
SuperhumanChichi chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
*smile curls at Chichi's lips* FINALLY! I haven't seen a work this good on in suhc a LONG TIME. I really and truly enjoyed it keep up the good work. Ah yes and btw, who is Phaeton and Actaeon? Are they your original characters or based on some myth?