Reviews for Blue Jessica
chicanerysmile chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
Oh, this is horribly perfect. Once again, you've taken my breath away.
Luma chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Amazing and horribly sad. Haunting and chilling. Wonderfully done, I adore it. You're definitely on my fav. authors list.

~Lisa
MallowsWins chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
The phrasing here is pitch perfect. ‘Sister shells’ & 'three years older than you' were imaginative, and the use of the word 'blue' was haunting. I also think this probably had the most powerful opening of any of your poems. Heartbreaking.

Peace and Love,

Daze
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
jesus christ that beginning is AMAZING ::. it tore me apart
TinuvielDork chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
This is beautiful. Horribly sad. I loved the use of the color blue, and the broken-up lines. They convey so much.

I was wondering - I know it might not be my place to ask, but - did Jessica die in the car crash you'd been in? Or was it completely separate?

Much love...TinuvielDork
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
aw so sad, but so pretty. i love the use of the colour blue. nice work.
Elenive chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Unbelievable. It's astoundig how you capture every emotion so accurately. Fear, insecurity, quiet understanding, it's all here. And the best part is its not overbearing. You're not swamped with too many words or too much imagery. The intricacy of this poem fits perfectly with the words you chose.

I am not worthy. : )
Gabriel Lyman chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
I have to admit, I got the message, but the wording threw me a little. However, I enjoyed the overall context, and I applaud your skill
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Does blue have something to do with how she died? Did she drown? This is very sad. To love a person even as you grow older but they always stay the age they were.

Beautiful.
Holly Rose E chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
"and men no longer snake-like". your work always blows me away just with how heartbreakingly honest you are about situations. how the words and phrases you use are always the strongest. and that it never, ever once begins to fade.
Carp chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
How very true this is. How very true indeed. I love what you've done with this poem. It's like...a wish for what was to be now, and that life could return somewhat to bliss. Not entirely, because thenit would be like we never grew. But nonetheless...what was to be now. I'd like that.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Nice. All your poems are so classic in a way, they have this very liberated woman feel to them. (I hope that didn't sound condescending, because I didn't mean it to sound that way.) You use interesting words to describe things, like "woman-limbs" and I feel like I'm listening to this woman who's seen it all and is very at peace with herself. Nice. Keep writing! :)
in theory chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
This should be sung, so slowly. I'm guessing this is *the* Jessica, who's almost become a posthumous writer in her own right. She's appeared in so many, made so many lines...just an observation.

(it's been awhile! I've been bad, lazy, distracted, lazy some more...guilt about it all, and ohsovery annoyed at not being able to find a pen name I like [I want to change MM].)

but anyway

The title is sexy (and I desperately wanted to review Thirsty first, but thought I'd do them in order..I've had that word stuck in my mind every so often over the summer) and it sets up my whole idea about singing it. If I could sing, I'd attempt it myself..but if that's not illegal here yet it should be. "I am three years older.." was she three years younger than you at the time of the incident? I can't quite work out what you mean, but it's haunting anyway.

-sister shells- I love that, so inclusive and at the same time exclusive. I can't really wriggle in there 'cus I'm a bloke, but I got a few fingers in the cracks (not in any way sounding vulgar :P)

Would it be the same if men weren't snakelike? Women are foxy, catty, and deadly in their own way...and snakes got cursed by God remember. *thinks hard* sometimes I wish I had a space between my legs.

With that pleasant and slightly awkward comment I'll skidaddle to Thirsty.

Hope all is well, J
Elizabeth Bilberry chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Remembering hurts. I enjoy reading the truths you speak.

EB
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
"blue-brunette broken", is a very vivid phrase and carries well from the beginning to the end. The short lines really create a pace for the wordshifts and the quick hit imagery. Very well written. MD:77.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2