Reviews for The Crypt Under Shadow Avenue
Siri Catriona chapter 52 . 8/16/2013
Ooh. That was mean. You're actually making me have betrayed feels because of Luke. Nice one. Just love all around for this chapter, even though I still can't wait for the next one.
Guest chapter 52 . 8/16/2013
Dang luke. Backstab much ?
The Orange Cow chapter 52 . 8/16/2013
Great chapter, as always!

Last week, part of my review got cut off somehow. I meant to say that Lionel could use Rik's condition to their advantage, seeing as how Luke might be reluctant to do something that would seriously endanger someone he knew. Seeing as how the cat(wolf?) is out of the bag now, that's probably a moot point.

Anyway, for this chapter. Well, it looks like things are going to have to happen now. I wonder how the Noir brother's knew what was going on? Maybe Simon put a few more wards up?

Here's my thoughts on how things might go:

Lionel needs to play damage control ASAP. The secret is out, but Judith isn't in a position to do anything(for the moment). Ensuring Judith's safety should be priority numero uno, followed by making sure Simon isn't about to freak out. What's up with him? Theory: Lionel strengthening his human side has caused him demon psyche to go haywire.

If that's all good, keeping Luke inside and as calm as possible should be the next concern. It might be good for Morden and maybe Simon to leave the room so that Lionel and Rik can do their best to share their side of the story without Luke having a panic attack. I get the feeling he'll be able to deal with Lionel and Rik's part of this; maybe not so much Morden and Simon's.

For Judith, I don't even know. I doubt patiently explaining to her that they are Good Monsters will cut it, even if they let her go; and here's betting that releasing her is just about the last thing on Morden and Simon's mind. This might cause an interesting little schism in the Scooby gang, with Lionel, Luke, and maybe Rik on one side and the Noir brothers on the other. Maybe they could try some kind of memory magic or ask Eliam for help? There doesn't seem to be an easy way out of this situation.

Lastly, although bringing her there seems pretty dirty on Luke's part, I hope Lionel takes it easy on him. Considering everything he knew at the time, that was actually a pretty logical choice. Let's just hope it doesn't end up with blood on the walls.

Looking forward to next week!
Guest chapter 52 . 8/15/2013
Wow really getting exciting here! So Judith is a bird now huh? Interesting... It surprised me that Luke had Judith listening in on the conversation..that was low . but probably I should have seen it coming. Looking forward to the next chapter!
The Orange Cow chapter 51 . 8/9/2013
That first part where he's mulling over things is pretty thorough, to the point where I can't think of anything to say about it or add to it(I mean that in a good way). I'm glad he's taking this stuff into consideration!

For that ending part though, it looks like Lionel has his work cut out for himself.

I guess there are several ways he can approach the situation. One is that he could try lying or hedging the truth a bit. Unless Luke is holding some things back himself, it doesn't look like his memory of the situation is complete enough to know. However, that would require some quick thinking on Lionel's part; even then, if Luke ever found out about the deceit it would spell trouble. He could end up taking that betrayal quite badly.

On the other hand, Lionel might appeal to Luke for help. Considering how the chapter ended, I get the feeling that this is what will probably happen. That sounds nice and all, but really, who knows how Luke will take it. I doubt he'll have too much of a problem with Rik, or even Simon. Things might be harder with Morden, though; Luke's last memory of him probably left hard feelings. I'm sure Lionel will explain how he's changed and seen .

On a final note, Lionel should most definitely not delete those voicemails. If they all get though this situation, those could potentially be great teasing material.

Looking forward to next week!
mittelan chapter 51 . 8/9/2013
oh man, I'm anxious to see what lionel will tell luke!
Green chapter 51 . 8/9/2013
Haha yay! Maybe this will mend their relationship. I don't think Morden will like this though.
SmileyfaceGurl chapter 50 . 8/2/2013
A cliffhanger!? Nooooo! Why do you torture me sooo?!
Deb chapter 50 . 8/2/2013
Woah things are coming to a head for sure! Excited to see what ends up happening :D
Sae Ayameko chapter 50 . 8/2/2013
This anticipation is killing me, but I love it so much! Please keep it up.
Devilsadvocate405 chapter 2 . 8/2/2013
This is a great story! The mama's character was really vivid in my mind and I could picture her perfectly. And the little snippet with the garden gnome was great, I don't know why but that made me laugh. I also like Morden's affection towards Lionel, its cute how he snuggles up to him. Plus your word choice flows nicely.
The Orange Cow chapter 50 . 8/2/2013
Oh, I almost forgot. Good luck with you work! It sounds busy; thanks for dedication time to updating this, it's awesome!
The Orange Cow chapter 50 . 8/2/2013
Well, that's one way to get the ball rolling. I realize that this should go without saying, but that may not have been the best tactical move Lionel could have made. Who would have though he'd be the first to crack? The hunt is on!

I doubt he'll be able to seriously put her off for long. Rik can't stay around him at all times, and I'm sure she can figure out some way to corner him at school. Or at home. His address isn't exactly a secret, so who knows when their little talk will happen. It's not like his friends across the street would be able to help him much in that situation without defeating the purpose, and I doubt she'd actually hurt him at this point.

Then again, this might be a great opportunity. She seems to be under the impression that he is a victim or witness instead of a collaborator. Maybe he could use this to divert attention to Hespet, the werewolf pack, or something else entirely. I guess that would depend on his acting skills, though. And putting a trail on Hespet might actually lead back to the gang if he ever talked...

The weird thing is that there really doesn't seem to be an actual bad guy here. Most of the players are trying to save, protect, or just live their lives; I think more than anything else, that's what makes everything about this situation so potentially tragic.
Siri Catriona chapter 50 . 8/2/2013
FIFTY CHAPTERS.
THIS IS SO AWESOME.
Again, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I'm absolutely in love with how you changed perspective so quickly from Lionel to Judith, and her argument was great even though she though Lionel was just a bystander (which technically he is, but technicalities).
Can't wait for the next chappy!
Beyond666Redemption chapter 4 . 7/29/2013
This chapter gave me chills! So much suspense!
819 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »