Reviews for Balance
Atheneon chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
This is a lament, is it not. Very vivid, and the meter escapes me (if there is a meter). You wish to return to age 8, yes? You don't think your child-self would like who you have become? Your child-self would be afraid of what you are now, if that right? I'm sorry for your pain.
Sakura Taking chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
I really like this because of the fact that it's thought provoking. Even though the length of each line varies quite a bit, the flow of the poem is not affected. Well done on making that happen (I can never make long and short lines flow well). I especially liked the contrast between childhood and adulthood, and what the child would think about the person s/he has now become. The title and the content fit together perfectly. So many good things about this poem. Awesome work! )
brokendreams21 chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
I really like the interesting choice of the title. The references to the carefree days of childhood opposed to the whole growing up and new experiences and responsibilities thing was good. You provoked thought with the last sentence (which is always good.) The lines are a bit long for my liking, but still, you managed to make it work. Great job!

(PS Thanks for the review! I really appreciate it. I used blue roses partially because there are no such things, which implies a certain fakeness. Blue roses also represent mystery...I think? Plus, I just like blue roses. And, I was thinking about adding an extra little paragraph after the story where Jane goes to the cemetary and 'talks' to her brother. Thanks again! And awesome job...again!)