Reviews for They Could Be There
Atheneon chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Hm... I sense that (as with most people who believe as you do) you know God exists, you just don't believe that He is a (for lack of a better term) God for you. I've read some of your work, your voice rings with hate sometimes. Hate is a lamentable emotion. Oh well, may peace be with you.

PS for the review-ee who asked, the "power of the last line" is sometimes refered to as "strata ultima"
MaryCurly chapter 1 . 11/6/2006
Very interesting! I love the end, because I didn't see that last line coming at all. I absolutely love what I like to call "the power of the last line" (I should call that something that sounds cooler); in most of my poems, the last line is what I like to build up to, and I usually know what I want it to be before I even get to it. I can tell that with this poem, you knew what you wanted to put in the last line beforehand. Mission accomplished, I am wow-ed.

Still, I can't help but wonder what my reaction to this poem would be if I was not the atheist that I whole-heartedly am.
brokendreams21 chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Very thought provoking. You have very valid reasons presented in this poem, and I can appreciate that. I absolutely detest people who are all against something but has no real reason for thinking in such a way. The last few lines were wonderful. I can't think of a word to describe them at the moment.

I liked how everything was presented in a logical sequence. It made comprehension easier on my part.

Very well written. Although I may not quite agree with your perspective, I can say that you were very convincing. Great job.
sunday night sky chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
This is an interesting piece! Intriguing. I love the lines :

'God wasn’t smart enough to stay out of our affairs.

Just look at what’s going on in the world now.

The aliens, having never shown themselves to anyone but crackpots, Wouldn’t dare show their faces within one-hundred light years of this place.'

That works really well. Thought provoking and well put across. Great piece, keep writing :D
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Interesting reasoning. It's... different... to read such an opposing opinion to what I believe. But I am glad to read someone else's opinion, that perhaps I might learn something from it of those who do not believe in God.

I guess I would rather believe in God, who cares enough to take part in my life, than an alien, who cares only for himself and stays lightyears away.

D Maranwe Telrunya