Reviews for Black Coffee
incandescente chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
I have nothing but praise for this story. Beautiful, absolutely. I love the flow from reminiscences to the present thoughts. Wonderful use of metaphors, and it kinda struck in me that yeah - this is true. I guess I feel so strongly about it too because i've just graduated from school.

do continue writing! (:
Right or Ryn chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
This is beautiful work. Great job. The sad part is, a lot of it is true. Things like that really do happen, myself included. It sucks, but times change, people change. Isn't that a song? Whatever. Great work.
Long Island Iced Tea chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Perfectly original, beautiful, expressive, exquisite. It's classic, and timeless.
elisefey chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
"I used to covet those memories, wrapped in golden silk, because only then could I still be his friend." - beautiful

"I let golden silk burn in the quiet bitterness inside me and wish I could feel surprise, or even a little hurt." - excellent continued use of the metaphor.

"I refrain from mentioning that we criticize their choices too." - I love the honesty of this observation.

There is a little confusion in that it's hard to grasp the timeline of this at points because it seems like there are multiple scenes here after the bittersweet memory described at the beginning. What I mean is, I got the impression of at least two distinct scenes after that: one still in school and another, later, after graduation. But they blend one into the other so much that it's very hazy and confusing. However, despite that, I love the style and mood. I think your word choices build the feelings that you're describing and the end result is beautifully tragic and introspective. Very nice.