Reviews for Deep into 3 AM
Pandakun84 chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Cool! I really like this! Great job! Keep it up!
Chemically Induced chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
i can hear how tired the speaker is, and how obvious there is no rest to be found. "time swims." best freakin 2 words ive ever heard together, i swear. i think i said "wow," out loud. its a toss-up between that and "drift-slick into sleep." very powerful unique rushes of images, as always M.D. the proud writer of 458 works. man. awesome.

love, .
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
This has a throaty, whispered tone in it and I love that! My favorite parts are:

drift-slick into sleep

and

Burst blue quick, then dull

Consider moving "Deep into" on to a line of its own at the end. Solid work.
trash can art chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
I get this rush of dark-blue tinted images of early morning, dawnish I suppose, like someone pressed fast forward on the beginning of the day.

And that's almost how it feels [in this state you described], but more so when you're looking back. These coffee hallucinations you speak of; when I get them, I either feel like time is at a standstill or that I'm in a deep trance.

Insomniac's toolbox.. mh... that's a powerful phrase, whether you meant it or not. I'm trying to picture a toolbox... what would an insomniac put in it in? A few packets of instant coffee [no one has the time for that slow brew stuff anymore], sunglasses [sun generates some painful rays], and uhm... I don't know. I'll have to sleep on this one.

No pun intended...
classic violet chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
lovely. "Deep into

the 3 A.M.

caffeine hallucinations,"

those lines especially, wonderfully and vivd.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
last time i stayed up until three

i was full of it
Gabriel Lyman chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
very nice work! Its been awhile since i've reviewed you, or written much myself... But i do have to say that I was amazed at the deep and profoundness of this poem.
felicia13 chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Too true. I can't even tell you how many times I've laid awake because I want to write a poem or just jot something down and I just want to SLEEP, but I can't, because it nags at the edge of your conscious and it's annoying if you listen to it ... you know?

Anywho, lovely, as with the image of "Deep into/the 3 AM". Because it's cool and I can see 3 AM as a black hole filled with darkness ... and a few lamp posts with dim lights. It's fun.

Felicia.
emeraude-irlandais chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
There's something so captivating about time, isn't there? One wants desperately to grasp it and contain it, but ironically, in attempting to do so, one wastes the resource...I've rambled my portion, the poem is excellent, but you knew I was going to say that, didn't you? bella
Elenive chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
"the insomniac's toolbox." Incredible line. I love your writing, it's almost surreal every time. It projects something so mysterious, like the inner workings of thought, that I find myself repeatedly drawn into its unknown.

Very well written. I love it.