Reviews for Dragonflesh
Stefanie Star chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Unique, cool, nice, well-written, I like it! Also pretty cool with dragons doing human-ish things and humans doin' draconic things. Great job!
Shadowhound chapter 8 . 11/8/2006
Interesting little brats of Karan's sister's. Relre? you said her name was? It gives you something to call her aside from 'Karan's sister' all the time. The kids themselves seem a bit spoiled. I firm whack across the rump would do them good.

Take as much time as you need to post chapters. I don't mean a month between updates, but don't try to rush yourself.

nightdragon0 chapter 8 . 11/8/2006
Interesting look at his family.

I see he tries to explain the reasoning for some of the things in his novels. I note the bit about magic at the end. Sounds like some of the things we've been talking about.
Casey Drake chapter 7 . 11/2/2006
...haha... a nagging sister.

And the dream was interesting... i suppose he'll have more dreams about true humans?

:) CD
Shadowhound chapter 7 . 11/1/2006
Amusing ending. The controlling sister seems likably for some reason. Probably because everyone has a relative that is like that and sees the resemblance, god knows my aunt acts that way all the time and I don't think less of her. Anyway, good chapter. I'm finding it interesting to see how Karan's humans progress in his mind. The story's setting reminds me quite a bit of the industrial revolution. Farmers moving to the city to look for work, and all. I'm assuming that is intentional.

I hope to see more soon.

nightdragon0 chapter 7 . 11/1/2006
After eating so much Karan almost seems like he's drunk or something in the way he almost crashes into the train. Well at least he has the sense to eat and run, so to speak.

In Karan's thoughts, I think it should be more of that he feels his balance off because humans don't have tails. But then again, wings are important too...
iamthedave chapter 7 . 10/31/2006
Awesome chapter. The dream was fascinating, and starts raising all kinds of questions about what exactly is up with this world of yours. It's like, in fact, all the Humans were zapped up by aliens and replaced with dragons, and just went on as if it were all the same.

Which I imagine is the point. It's still not my favourite approach (though there's always room for an awesome twist and there's hints of one), but you've certainly made it work. I was very skeptical at the start, so double plus good to you for keeping it going this long.

For the record, I think you spend an absolutely appropriate amount of time telling us how things work. When introducing an entirely new society it's pretty stupid not to. The real question is whether you tell us this in the best way possible. It could be argued you tell slightly too much, and show too little due to the nature of your story.

I think if you find ways to show a little more then the criticism about the amount you're telling us will dry up pretty quickly. Food for thought.
Shadowhound chapter 6 . 10/30/2006
Nice chapter. I'm glad one of your characters recognizes the flaws in Taran's human society. Adds to the realism nicely.

nightdragon0 chapter 6 . 10/28/2006
Nice you see you expanding on other parts of this world. It's pretty obvious that Karan incoperates things from his own life or world into his story, which quite a lot of us do I suppose. And having the 'dragon aspects' part of the Marshal Winsdor story show up very clearly too.
Crazy Talk chapter 2 . 10/27/2006
*does chicken dance*

Yeah...my maturity level has dipped, and, correspondingly, my sugar intake has nearly tripled.

Anyways, this was great. Sadly, though, I have to go do laundry. I promise I'll leave a good, deep, meaningful review sometime. When I have time. I hope to someday. I was hooked on dragons for the longest time. Read everything I could find. Then I discovered Robert Ludlum...
Crazy Talk chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Hm...interesting. Really. Although I am having a bit of trouble trying to wrap my mind around a building of dragon proportions. Anyways, I'm on to the next chapter.
nightdragon0 chapter 5 . 10/24/2006
Yup, certainly getting down to his plot all right. It's also an interesting hint as to what 'dragons of the old' were like in this world.

Hmm, how many of his Marshal Winsdor stories has he written up to this point actually? It would seem like he didn't have much at first, but there are hints here that it's picking up.
Casey Drake chapter 5 . 10/23/2006
oh dear. He's gonna end up huge... like the only Twilight Zone episode I ever saw... a tiny guy wished he were taller, and ended up too big to get out his apartment door...

Oh, this is gonna be interesting.

:) CD
Shadowhound chapter 5 . 10/23/2006
Interesting chapter. I believe I can understand why your dragons want Dragonflesh so much as well as the importance of Devouring.

Anyway, good chapter. I hope to see more soon.

iamthedave chapter 3 . 10/20/2006
Okay! You're starting to get rolling here. There's really not very much wrong with this. It's just not very interesting to me. I think you could have written a far better and far more interesting story, using the exact same plot, while doing unique things with the society.

There's nothing really to criticize, so I won't put a muscle out trying. You've at least finally got the elements you want in there working properly, so the world you've made now hangs together right and holds interest.
211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »