Reviews for The Rose and the Thorn, Original version
Skye-Blue07 chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
aw...that's really sad. i was kinda hoping that she wouldnt

be pregnant, and it'd just be like, oh everythings okay, then he'd propose, THEN she'd get pregnant. I guess stuff just doesn't always work out that way, huh?

sincerely,

awaitingsequel
YuLian chapter 78 . 12/4/2006
WHOT! You finished! Awesome job... BUT HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? NO THEY COULD HAVE HAD A HAPPY ENDING... TT_TT

But nice job! XD

-YuLian
dreamtaker chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
Ah! Even though you "hid" Rebekah's reactions about her pregnancy and evaded that truth a bit, without doubt, I still knew she had to be.

Don't you dare leave this story right here, or else I'll haunt you down and find you and tie you to a chair with only the reach of your laptop! LOL. You've been warned.

You are an amazing writer! This first part was great, I congratulate you for such a good job. Also, for winning the title of "review hog"! lol. You deserve every good one, which is obviously all of them.
And Your Little Dog Too chapter 78 . 12/4/2006
are you gonna update another chapter announcing the new post for the new story? that'd be handy...
unrequitedx chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
*sigh*...

somehow i knew rebekah was going to do that.

just like.. erm-

i forgot the girl's name.

in your 'fatherly love'..

... laa...

i hope there would be an unexpected twist here. ;D
Rebecca Knight chapter 78 . 12/4/2006
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness... I'm looking forward to the sequel!
turqoiseinstant chapter 78 . 12/4/2006
lol, ik you weren't implying anything. i just meant sometimes i just write, and don't think. you're right, i don't really think you can take the two stories and compare them, because i think you are a little more serious and thoughtful about bekah and dan. lol, now i can't wait for the sequel and thank you so much again for being so responsive and open to readers. as usual...keep it up!
dreamtaker chapter 74 . 12/4/2006
It looks like things are going to get tough for them. It'll probably prove once and for all their feelings for one another.

Sequel! You are awesome!

Can't wait to read how this ends!
turqoiseinstant chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
ok, sorry, just kind of am in favor of variety. i don't think one situation is more serious than the other, they're just different. but i see where you're going, and i suppose bekah is a lot different. oh well, hope i havent offended you too much..it was kind of my initial reaction...grace and jacob have been on my mind lately lol. i'll write more later when i think my opinion is of more value. i'm kind of spinning right now. :)
Empyreal Melody chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
I can't believe you made her pregnant! It's practically one of those cliche moments where they're madly in love, sleep with each other, and she just had to get pregnant. However, as much as I dislike this happening to them, meaning that she had to run away too, I'm intrigued with what's going to happen next. Just please don't make Dan get in trouble.
MayaD chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
... you're awful mean to your characters... I mean, don't you LIKE them? And want to do what's best for them? And I disagree that that is what bekah would do in that situation. Over the book she has matured to a certain level. She would... well i guess now WILL feel extremely guilty about telling Dan through a letter, and then just leaving him. She might be thinking that this is helping him out, but I think that she would be more worried about HIM and what he was THINKING and FEELING. And what about her parents? What has she told them? I'm angry that this part was written in Dan's POV, and want to know what the bloody hell Bekah is thinking... but somehow... I don't think it would make much sense to me right now. She seems to have stepped back in maturity... Blah, I think I'm just mad at you, not like really mad and angry or anything... just... "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO THEM?" like you said in the note in the next chapter...

Have you started writing out the second book? How much do you know about what is going to happen (if any) in the next book... How many books are there going to be? And are you going to go into other relationships, like Alice and Jim's? If so, are they going to be in other books, or is it goign to be like a side plot again?

You don't have to answer, I understand due to my ragging on your choice of an 'ending' *narrows eyes and makes an unhappy face*, but i'd appreciate it if you did...

No matter how evil you may be, lol, you're still a very very good writer.
turqoiseinstant chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
ok so i wrote another review but apparently it didn't go through.

so, i agree with the reviewer "holly" below me and am still somewhat sad she's pregnant. and i get that you're trying not to make it 'fluffy' or whatever but...i've just finished the sheperd's grace (by you, obviously) and i can't help noticing your repeated themes in your characters. grace is an incredibly similar character compared to bekah. i mean, switch the situations around, but they both have to do with 'forbidden love' (one priest-woman, and the other teache-underage student relationship) and the both got pregnant and both tend to want to distance themselves heroically in order to "protect" the men they love. i just think you should try something new, idk. i'm being pretty blunt here, and i truly don't mean to come off as abrasive. if i didn't like the story, i'd have stopped reading a while ago. i will be the first to admit i'm addicted...but you keep asking why no one's reviewing, i know the reason i haven't is now it's almost like...repeated events. that's just for me, lol. i still think it's good, but where can you go from here? think about what you can do from this situation that will make your story unique. make sure you've got something that will make it more than a typical "romeo and juliet" "forbidden love" story that has been recreated in a million different scenarios.

regardless of your decision, i will of course continue to faithfully follow your progress and offer my advice when needed. these are my thoughts. i still think your wonderful...i think the passion that you draw from the characters makes you unique. keep building. ;D
Estelin chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
this story was excellent. I hope that Rebekah and Dan meet up again. keep up the good writing.
And Your Little Dog Too chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
aww that was such a good...story hehehehe i want a sequel if no one else does :) hehe and you're lucky to get so many reviews :P i didnt review you for a while cuz i had schoolwork and i'm dealing with some crappy stuff right now. But i am still a fan of this! Keep writing :)
Sure as the Dawn chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
Can't wait for the sequel! Yay!(well, not really), but you, well 'they' pulled a Jacob and Grace thing!*sorry for those of you who have not read any other of this amazing author's stories*, but, is Rose gonna have a miscarriage like Grace did? Just a Q. Update soon! Well, start soon!
1,162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »