Reviews for The Rose and the Thorn, Original version
Imprisoned wit No Restrictions chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
ughh man oh man i want more..i really like this story i might not actually review on every ch. but that dont mean a thing to me..im just trying to think or not if i dont review idmediatly..where is she? is gonna find her? ughh i so wanna know that stuff.
Coldd -Casee Love.andLies chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
Wow...uh wow completly unexpected of rebbecca. I expected her pregnancy but for her to run away? A bit drastic ya think? I understand that she's upset, but couldnt they handle it together? Dan is obviously going to drastic measures to 'rescue' her but I dont know, it seems like it will tear them apart. My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I read this chap.
Luthien and Tari chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
Don't stop writing this story! I really and truly love it, even if I don't always review.

All I can say about Rebekah's pregnancy, is "if you play with fire, you'er going to get burned." They should have known better, but it certainly adds an interesting twist. and so close to being legal too!...
Twist130 chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
Good way to end the book! Not closed, but loose ends are tied. I never got why Dan didn't have condoms, though...

Anyway, I really do like the ending.
behind these tears chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
OMG PLEASE START UR SEQUEL REALLY FAST!

OMG HOW CAN YOU END IT HERE?

THERE ARE WAY TO MUCH THINGS UNASWERED!

PLEASE START SOON! PLEASE?
Marshall Banana chapter 77 . 12/4/2006
I don't think that I can wait even a week for the sequel to begin.

At first I thought that Sting might have something to do with it because of thorns on a rose pricking someone but I wasn't sure if that really works. But then I remembered that Sting released that song, was it Desert Rose? Or something like that. Plus the police thing maybe because of the legality of their actions, but my efforts are tentative at best, and I'm probably wrong...

Anyway, great 'book' as you call it. I can't say that I've read any romance novels but you are a great writer and this story is definitely big enough and good enough in my opinion. (Apparently the average novel has something like 80 to 100 thousand words)
Jo Rene chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
If ya dont do a sequel I might have to have you commited!

Yours Truly,

Jo :)
tucker529 chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
I can't believe that it's really over... I feel as though I'm going to cry.
Allison Smith chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
Now why in the world did she run away?

I'm incredibly mad over that... but since you're setting this up for a sequel i suppose it makes sense... doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Love you!
Karaoke Risa chapter 76 . 12/4/2006
Well, as you already know, I'm quite pleased with the way this turned out. I think the abrupt end is gonna throw a lot of people, but yay for the sequel! Hehe. Yeah, I think that extra little blurb there helped a bit. Can't wait for the next story! To be named... "(insert Police/Sting themed title here)" Yay! Lol.
Karaoke Risa chapter 75 . 12/4/2006
Oh, drama! Heh. Nice job, doll. Happy to help, as always. I really, really can't wait until the next one. Btw, I LOVE all of the sudden appearances of Sting. *snicker*
Jugglingbearperformer chapter 75 . 12/4/2006
Hey, sorry no review last chapter. Lots of stuff going on.

"A hint as to the future in this story- remember this: What "should be" and what actually happens are often different."

I understand that in the world TODAY, that getting married and having kids (in that order) is indeed fairytale thinking. But in actuality having a life like that..maybe it started ROCKY but, it turned out nicely, is NOT unrealistic, its just uncommon. I think many people get that confused. I'm not saying that you should change your story, or make it'fluffy' as you call it. I'm just saying, that there is SOO much going on in this story, I mean it was dramatic enough with just her being enderaged and Dan being a teacher. I totally understand that this is your 'thing' and your story and you may like having them do what they are doing, more kudos to you. But I just HAD to say that, it is NOT at all unrealistic for good things to happen and I think the reason for most of the time it being considered 'unrealistic' is for

the small fact that people don't believe that it can actually happen therefore don't hold themselves to those standards.

Sorry I just had to write that, and you don't need to write a note or anything, i know where you stand on this. :)

Ok. So last chapter and this chapter...were good, of course. But very stomach curdling, lol. I mean I want to know if shes pregnant! Is it weird to pray for a character of a story? lol Because i've been (seriously) sitting here asking God to please not make her pregnant...maybe it was just because she was doing that in the story..lol I got your message, and I'm glad Bekah is going to meet Dans family. Its about time! I'm actually glad that you are making a sequel. I certainly don't know what you have in store for it, but this story has been majorly based around them getting to know eachother and fighting for their love (that sounds corny) . And since theres only what, 2 chapters left? That I guess the next story, will be more based around THEM as a couple? Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

I have to admit, I was a little let down by whats been happening in the story, and It took me a few days to come back and read the rest :( Eh. And I'm not one of those people who likes 'fluff' or perfectly happy endings and fairytale stories etc. I mean I think this story just hit me because a lot of whats going on with Bekahs friends (drugs and drinking, sex) is something that people around me having been exposed to ...a lot, and made my life not so great. Also the pregnancy thing has hit me aswell, because it happened to my best friends sister... In the end , I have strong opinions about this kind of stuff and IT IS hard to take in, because I WANT to think that there are some decent people out there (not that the people who have done that, aren't) but people who have enough strength to withstand temptation, and I just feel like I'm the only one at the moment...So I think that is why I've been having trouble with finding a 'good place' with this story. I love it, lol, don't take that the wrong way..but you know what I mean.

Now that I have poured my heart out! lol jkjk. On with the chapters and English! lol. Oh did you know I homeschooled? Well I do, so you are the person who keeps me entertained all day, whilst I am alone.. :)

Holly
Sprkles620 chapter 75 . 12/4/2006
i really likes this chapter, cant wiat for the next one! ya know if she is pregnant its only 1 month till she turns 18, she wouldnt be showing by then, not much anyways...hm...i wonder how dan would take the news of her being pregnant? guess ill have to wait and see What happens
Wolf Wonderer chapter 75 . 12/3/2006
I'm scared, where are you going with this?
Without A Muse chapter 75 . 12/3/2006
oh! Twisty! Like it! Okay, not the twist that it's taken, but the twist itself. Hope you know what I'm saying!
1,162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »