Reviews for The Rose and the Thorn, Original version
PladBelle chapter 74 . 11/30/2006
i want to laugh, scream and cry at the same time. your story has sent me in a roller coaster of emotions and i love a story that is like that. keep up the good work and just for the record, i can't help but feel infatuated with bekah and dan's relationship. they are so cute it reminds me of my fiance and me. [wide grin] update soon!
unrequitedx chapter 72 . 11/30/2006
oh my god. o.o;

... err.

was it really necessary to do it twice?

lol, well.. hmm...

i hope she doesn't get pregnant. o.o;
dreamtaker chapter 72 . 11/30/2006
Even though they did it, I'm not dissapointed. I was sure it would happen before Rebekah could reach legal age. I liked the chap, and I'm guessing Dan had the evening sort of planned or he somewhat wanted it to lead that way, hmm. He's breaking all the rules now, lol.

Good work!
turqoiseinstant chapter 74 . 11/30/2006
so, i think "what should be and what actually happens are often different" means you are leaning towards bekah being pregnant? i wonder what that will do to dan...he seemed kind of overwhelmed by the idea before...idk, i'd feel horrible (as i usually do) if he started to beat himself up for it. plus his christian conscience...

just thought of all this, but it's your story, do what you may. it's up to you in the end i guess and i'm sure either way you'll make it absolutely stunning.
turqoiseinstant chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
ah, no to getting pregnant. please. that just seems it would make the story one of those get-pregnant/married-right-out-of-high-school things. so much less romantic. this story OBVIOUSLY isn't one of those, there's so much more in this relationship, but i definetly don't think it should happen to this couple. i would much rather bekah not become pregnant until after she's married.

with the marriage, i personally don't really believe in it right out of high school for her. now that she's eighteen her parents might actually let her officially "date" dan now...? and they wouldn't have to sneak around and now they're connected: emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and now physically. they have so much going for them now, let them enjoy go about being a normal couple before tying the knot.

with allison and jeremy...really cannot forsee at all where you're taking it. maybe a few ideas but i'll just have to wait and see...the gift exchange important...interesting. so many hints. can't wait for the next :p
Rebecca Knight chapter 74 . 11/30/2006
Just remember this: What "should be" and what actually happens are often different.

Oh dearness... I don't know if I should like the sound of that... Lol. A story with lots of twists and turns is more satisfying than a lot of fluff, but I'm one of those that are die-hard for a happy ending... after all.. that's why I read books... Life doesn't always have a happy ending, but stories should...to inspire.
Rayne Logan chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
Bekah would make a GREAT mum :D I can just imagine it, hehe. And if she decided to keep it... and Dan stuck by her, wouldn't it allow them to be together and no one doubt them?

I love pregnancy and little kiddies in stories, but hey... whatever you decide :P

They would make a pretty cute baby though LOL
Allison Smith chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
I really don't see the significance of Allison and Jeremy... honestly. I mean... in relation to Bekah and Dan. It just doesn't make sense that it would affect their relationship.

As to what happens if she winds up pregnant... well they get married as soon as they legally can, and have kids together. and everything will work itself out, because they really love each other.

do I really believe that? maybe not. My heartache now is the result of a romance from highschool...so maybe they can't work anything out even though they love each other. But I realy think that they can. all evidence supports their working it out.
Sure as the Dawn chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
I liked this chappie. I say no to her getting pregnant, and yes to marriage. Also, maybe they should get married, and then find themselves pregnant. Yea. Go along with the 'Grace and Jacob' thing where Rose makes him 'wait' 'till their wedding night. Umm, bye! ;D
Jo Rene chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
I think that would be a nice twisted. Even if you done it before. I know a girl that gets her char pregnant ever book. But it always differnt and exciting! I think that would bring a wonderful feel to the story.
Jugglingbearperformer chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
Eh. I am slightly dissappointed that they wound up having sex. But, at least you waited this long... I dunno, if she winds up pregnant I'm going to have to break something. I just think that would be kind of like your other stories you know? Like Backstory, which I like. But the themes are starting to get repeatitive. I'm not trying to flame you, but I guess I am lol. I really love this story, it's excellent, realistic and I love the characters. But just some of the actions are...meh...

To me, I still don't think their realtionship has really developed and I still see them as a teacher and student struggling with their feelings. I think you should get more envolved in creating a relationship that the readers can see and relate to before Dan decides to ask for Bekahs hand in marriage . Everything is still 'secretive' and 'wrong', so getting to her 18th birthday would be a start and then building up to Bekah meeting his family, them being able to go out to places together etc.

I like that they had after thoughts about what they did...but of course they don't regret it. For some reason i just don't feel like them having sex expressed their love for eachother, and I didn't feel it. Maybe it was just the lack of information/detail about it. 'And they had sex, the end' is how I feel.

I understand that you most likely are getting tired of my flaming you and telling you this. Sorry:( I mean any other story, I think I would be fine with the characters having sex..but in this one it just doesn't feel right. I mean they are working toward pleasing God anyway they can..yet they stop here. And at this point in their relationship..eh it doesn't help any.

Well I am looking forward to you next chapters! I'm sorry if this review ticks you off :( Still a great fan.

Holly
Marshall Banana chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
If she ends up getting pregnant it would obviously be pretty awkward for her at school when she started showing. I went to an all boys school so I don't really know what happens when someone gets pregnant and keeps the baby. It must be very weird though.
Karaoke Risa chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
Okay, so I actually sent you an email before I read this chapter, but... my answer still stands. I just think that perhaps it shouldn't be discovered until later. Things need to calm, I think, and give us a nice false sense of security... hehe... and then whack us upside the head with that! It's up to you, doll!
ginnyellen chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
What if Bekah turns out pregnant...mmhh...

HE'S AN IDIOT! how could he forget protection? Wasn't he supposed to be the "adult" here? I mean, of course, they love eachother and all... but she's still 17 (ok.. she'll be turning 18 in no time, but still!). I think the "no protection" thing was a complete mistake.

I really hope she doesn't... it's too dangerous. And I wouldn't like that he asked her to marry just because she ended up with a baby inside... it wouldn't be a bad idea, don't get me wrong, and not because he does it like that means that he loves her any less... but I dunno I guess it would be nicer if he did without any strings attached to the situation.

In my POV. I don't think she's ready for marriage yet ( probably because she's just as old as I am... and believe me, I am NOT ready 4 that... not even close!)

It was a good thing that they didn't fell asleep all night... now THAT would be mayhem.

Anyways, great, attaching, captive story!

Ellen
hawthorncharade chapter 73 . 11/30/2006
You update fast. haha. But what happened between allison and jeremy to "seemingly" cause her to be upset if she found out? Cause you say it like she will be extremely mortified if she did.

And about Rebekah being pregnant... I guess that doesn't really matter now that they really love each other, doesn't it? It's not like another one of those cases where the guy (who doesn't love the girl) winds the girl up with pregnancy then dumps her.
1,162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »