Reviews for The Rose and the Thorn, Original version
Alenor chapter 68 . 11/23/2006
heya, these are great chappies. sorry i haven't been reading for a while but i just got so busy and all. but it's nice that dan gave her a promise ring and i can understand the doubts, but why doesn't she work through them with dan? he has doubts himself. ahh well, i suppose a break until she's 18 would be best because then they wouldn't be tempted. i hope she has friends at her school now, maybe she could be friends with that guy who asked her out but only friends with him and nothing more. caan't wait to read some more Alenor.
Jugglingbearperformer chapter 68 . 11/23/2006
GAH! Bekah frustrates me...jeeze. For some reason I feel like she is WAY overreacting, about how much money he has and his 'highclass' amily. I mean...what kind of thing is that to WORRY about that? If he loves her, and she loves him, yeah what Dan said at the end. I dunno, she DOES over analyze..TO MUCH, like I over analyze...but she..she..GAH! lol OK well Things best get better..:( Byes
turqoiseinstant chapter 62 . 11/23/2006
hm..interesting...my exact thoughts on bekah maybe going too fast showed up in the next chapter! i think it's good though. chapt 65 proved dan probably wouldn't have been able to resist going all the way much longer.
Karaoke Risa chapter 68 . 11/23/2006
Woot! Beautifully done, and nice choices with where to go with the story. Gah... now I'm more eager than ever! Feel free to drop another line if you want more feedback! Happy Turkey Day!
Rebecca Knight chapter 68 . 11/23/2006
aw...
Gwyn Baranof chapter 68 . 11/23/2006
Oh, Bekah's time to back off. Very interesting. So, you are going to jump ahead until she is sixteen. Well, what you did worked that very nicely. I just hope we do not have the same problem with the emotions thing again. I am not sure what I think of this chapter, what it involves and the writing and everything. It is definitely different, except putting the finger on why is impossible. Maybe I will think of it eventually.
Autumn Reflections chapter 23 . 11/23/2006
YAHH!

:D
Autumn Reflections chapter 19 . 11/22/2006
Haha, mum made me go to bed at 1:30 when she realised i was still on the net! got yelled at so bad...

Awesome chapter! now that i have the time for a proper review.

Grammar, in this chapter it should be Ted not ted, but it is minor and nothing much to worry about. Just...yeah...im being hypocritical by saying spelling and grammar when mine is so bad T.T

Anyway, i LOVE this. The characters are just so vibrant, and Mr Fields...well, HOT!

Keep writing!

Autumn
Panda Hallows chapter 67 . 11/22/2006
yeah its me Etil, I changed my name lol your story is really touching me and it reminds me of everything going on here. :) Reading this makes me smile and sometimes makes me cry but its the happy kind of crying XD
reach4thesky chapter 67 . 11/22/2006
Hey- I'm still loving it, though I must say I'm ready for their problems to be sorted out! ;)

I liked the glimpse into Bekah's school life too.

btw, I was the one that mentioned the "black roses red" song
Queai Kumosse chapter 68 . 11/22/2006
Look! I'm a new reviewer! Yay! I would have reviewed the other chapters, but there were... so... Many... Anyway, thus far, you've done an amazing job. And I mean that. Normally people tend to kill teacher-student relationships, or make it unbelievable, or just about the lust or something, but you've pulled it off really nicely. And, uh, well, I'm really bad at reviews but... Yay! Update! _
Allison Smith chapter 68 . 11/22/2006
*sque* you're turning John/Diana into a teacher student relationship?

* yeah. so sorry I have not been around tis a stressfull time right now.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIEND!
turqoiseinstant chapter 66 . 11/22/2006
ok so this isn't actually a review for chapt. 66 but i was just wondering if anyone else took matthew's words to heart about bekah exploring her options. maybe i'm crazy, but i'm almost waiting for the jealousy to spark.

disregarding the entire situation that the story is based off of, (and this is completely out of the question now, i suppose, because of the ring and everything) but i sometimes consider that bekah hasn't a lot of experience with relationships...i know she's quite mature for her age, but relationships are so new and different from her pov. should she be jumping so soon to marriage when her experience in the area of love is so limited? she seems so dependent on dan ever since he helped her out of depression. it's a dangerous and somewhat vulnerable situation to be in. i understand that at her other school she was never really attracted to other guys, but that was partially because she was consumed with depression-and, eventually-mr. fields. i almost think she's come so far too fast, with the help of dan. which is a good and bad thing.

all these thoughts came flying at me when matthew said "you should play the field more before you settle so quickly."

this is only to provoke discussion, i personally love the story just the way it is, and this review is somewhat half-baked, but i'm interested to hear other thoughts.
AwakenedSpirit chapter 67 . 11/22/2006
Whoa...promise ring! About time Dan decides to make a commitment to their relationship! Whoot, anyway, loved the last couple chapters...Matthew better not be making any moves on Rebekah! Jerk... Well not really, he's just getting in the middle of something. He has no idea that they have enough problems without him planting any seeds in Bekah's mind about needing to explore her options. Don't be too worried about writing up any new chapters, afterall tomorrow is Thanksgiving and family and food are an excellent excuse! _
I'll Be Your Fairytale chapter 68 . 11/22/2006
you wrote loads more since i last looked! Go you! I like the way you really stop and think about your characters problems and emotions. It isn't a criticism to those who don't make them that way, but your characters are explained on a much deeper level and enough that they seem far more real.

Anyways, update soon,