Reviews for The Rose and the Thorn, Original version
xoxhp chapter 6 . 1/29/2009
Dude, I love this story. Everyone in it is so freaking cute lol ) I love Dan. But could you please make your chapters a bit more longer.. and possibly update soon because I hate wiating for the next chapter to come lol. Oh and I have a question, did Kristen kill herself? I'm guessing so. It's just that I got confused with thinking that some neighbor did it but then that didn't seem right so yeah. LOVE THE STORY THOUGH! SO CUTE!
Initially loaded chapter 6 . 1/29/2009
Oh, I like this I not so keen on the religious side to this, but then I suppose thats probablypart of the story?
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 6 . 1/29/2009
Hey. Me again. I just read your latest note and, while i have no problem with your editing and re-posting coz i'll read anything Dan/Bekah related, i have a question. Did i read this version? Coz i can't remember which i read first. Actually, maybe i DIDN'T read this one, coz i remember you saying somewhere that people who were new to Dan/Bekah should avoid the original...which would be this one? Was it very different from the rewrite? Why did you rewrite it in the first place?
three.word.lies chapter 6 . 12/29/2008
UGH. i guess i see where you're coming from, but i'm really disappointed cos i actually just wanted to reread a good story from my favorites list and the rose and the thorn was at the top of my list. it's a shame i can't just reread it...
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 6 . 12/18/2008
I just tried to read this story, not to be redundant, and it seemed very interesting.

I'm disappointed that I can't continue reading it. However.. well.. What to say... It's nice that you care about what you've written and how it affects others and you.
lonewolf234 chapter 6 . 12/4/2008
gah! wat do u mean u aren't going to put the rest of the chapter up? . . . meep
Sour Plums chapter 6 . 12/2/2008
I am so sorry to hear all of this. Especially since you were my favorite author here. You have a true gift. I already told you once before that these stories could be published.

I respect your desicion to delete these and redo them to fit your faith, but I must tell you, they were quite innocent and discreet and censored. It was very respectable compared to how lots of people would've written this story, myself included.

It is my belief that your faith shaped your talent. And if you don't already know, look at the amount of reviews you have. That is a catastrophic amount of reviews. You have support from me, and I'm sure you have support from many others.

I can't be as selfish and say that I want you to ditch everything and keep writing for the sake of me and many other readers, even though I want to. :) Your stories are one in a million, No matter how long I come here, I don't think I'll be able to find a story of your amazing caliber.

I wish you luck with your life.

-Kitty
ByYourSide chapter 6 . 12/2/2008
While I am disappointed, like, seriously, it's really cool you deleted the chapters based on your faith. That's awesome. And a good reason to have, if any.

So. Rock on. :D
Danielle chapter 26 . 10/17/2008
I was worried how bekah was behaving at first, but she made a wise decision at the end here. Good for her.
Plej chapter 27 . 6/5/2008
Ah, you have broke my streak of reviewing after a I finished the entire story. This story is refreshingly realistic, about drugs, life, depression and what not, and about all the things people go through to get rid of it. It is enlightning so to speak. And I'm suprised that your story has inspired me. Not to pursue a relationship with a high school teacher! That would be impossible for me! Partly considering that I already graduated high school, lol. Anyway it is inspiring to me as a fellow writer myself. You do a good job of mapping thigs out and dealing out the suspense, that keeps me cliking for the next page. Lovely voice, and this is a story a reader can't help but get connected to, even though it's in second person. That just makes me want to try harder too. Lovely story and I'm definately going to keep on reading.
Miss-X-Marie chapter 67 . 4/17/2008
AHG

*BANGS HEAD REPEATEDLY AGAINST WALL*

YOU NEED TO UPDATE

YOU NED TO OR I WILL GO INSANE!

but anyways...first...

i just started reading yours story last night so didnt comment on each chapter but i wanted to say that this is truly amazing!

i think you could get this published because MY GOD this is better than some of the published books i have read!

i also like how your taking the student/teacher relationship

a lot of times when i read about that (and trust me i read a LOT of student/teacher stories...im a little obsessed with a teacher of mine) it seems so cliche and idk...weird...

and i just wanted to let you know...if you had set this book in New York...the age of consent is 17 n_n

i look forward to finish reading this!

please please please PLEASE hurry! *gets down on knees and pleads*

davinci333 chapter 66 . 4/10/2008
I started reading this story the other night, and finished it last night...read it without sleeping the first night cause I couldn't stop! Fantastic story...heart-wrenching though, and it's creepy cause it feels like you're reading my mind at times...there's a certain special teacher of my own when I was in high school, who seems very similar to the one in your story in so many ways...except Canadian...lol
Norel chapter 71 . 3/22/2008
I really liked the beginning of this story a lot. Between the depression and the student/teacher romance, there was so much to love. But I felt like the story was a bit too drawn out and long towards the end, and it became sort of repetitive. Maybe if she had been closer to eighteen to begin with (like maybe seventeen) the story would have been sorter and less repetitive. I'm only saying this because I loved the beginning so much; I loved reading about how they fell in love and also about how she got out of her depression; the part of truly amazing to read, and it felt so real.
Norel chapter 22 . 3/21/2008
This is absolutely wonderful! I've spent the better half of my night reading this so I'm going to try and finish it tomorrow, but I really do love it! The teacher/student cliche works really well here, especially because of the added dynamic of her sister being dead.
Jaina-Skylar chapter 54 . 1/6/2008
Wow, I've been reading your story this weekend (hoping to finish tonight :)) and I just wanted to say that I think you've done a fabulous job with this. I absolutely love the emotion and the wording and all in all it's a very very well writen story, very good job.

I wanted to comment on this chapter specifically because of something you wrote at the beginning. "She’d picture herself handing bouquets of black roses to God, and He’d hand them back in multiple colors- red, pink, and white… and still a few black, because, He’d explain, if not for the black roses, people wouldn’t learn and grow."

I was reading a book last night and when I read that, my mind automatically went to this passage in the book. (it's kind of long, so bear with me) The book is called "The Cobra Event" and it's about biological warfare, but there was this one paragraph that stuck out in particual to me.

"It was Charles Darwin who first understood that evolution is caused by natural selection, and that natural selection is death. He also understood that vast amounts of death (vast amounts of natural selection) are required to effect a small permanent change in the shape or behavior of an organism. Without huge amounts of death, organisms do not change over time. Without death, life would never have become more complex than the simplest self-copying molecules. The arms of a starfish could not have happened without countless repetitions of death. Death is the mother of structure. It took four billion years of death – a third of the age of the universe – for death to invent the human mind. Given another four billion years of death, or perhaps a hundred billion years of death, who can say that death will not create a mind so effective and subtle that it will reverse the fate of the universe and become God? The smell in the Manhattan morgue is not the smell of death; it is the smell of life changing its form. It is evidence that life is indestructible."

Sorry that that paragraph was kinda long, but I found that, kinda, fit your story. At least that small part of it.

Can't wait to finish it... now I've gotta get back to Bo-Becka and Dan! Bye!
1,162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »