Reviews for Electronegativity, or My Chemical Romance
ecwix chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Wow... this is very... odd, and yet amusing at the same time. There are a few errors, and normally, I would point them out, but I just really don't feel like it right now.

I just have one suggestion in this review, though. I'd work out a bit on your formatting, especially on your "jumps". Sometimes, it can get confusing when you're suddenly switching the point of view, especially since the reader doesn't really have that much time to get comfortable with your characters in such a short story. Earls and Edgars and Pennys and Mother Fluorine... they all get sort of jumbled up.

And oddly enough, I liked the story. Weird how chemistry can be so... interesting.
Lorendiac chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
That was definitely one of the weirdest things I've read on here this year. Fortunately, it was weird in a good way, because you obviously had done your homework and knew what you were talking about where the "basic facts of life" within a single atom are concerned. I found myself smiling while I read it. It's been a long time since I took a Chemistry class, but I think I remembered enough background to let me follow the plot!

(In contrast: some of the other "weirdest" stuff that I've read on FictionPress in 2006 was over in the Essay section, where people sometimes post some very bold "statements" of radical new interpretations of historical events (for instance) that strike me as being extremely weak in such areas as "solid evidence" or "logical reasoning." Your piece was "weird" in an entirely different way!)