Reviews for Valediction
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Good, though I liked the other one better. I clicked on this because I have a poem of the same name, though a bit of a different "essence" (my God, did I actually just use the word "essence"?... I think I did) or feel. Short poems make me nervous, as people will generally waste their words (this is one of my biggest complaints in general, as I'm sure you'll catch on). But, as in your other piece, you use your space very well and you don't allow anything to go past unmeaningfully. The last word is great. Nice work on this.

J
Ellin Louise chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
I love what can be done with haikus, and i really like this one. It's simple, which lends itself to Hiakus.
Ellian Meir chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
Thank you for the review.

I'm quite fond of haikus; I don't believe enough young people give them credit. This one isn't as visually detailed as some of my favorites (I'm a fan of Matsuo Basho). But what it lacks in explicit imagery it makes up for greatly in deep, almost cryptic emotion. I can't explain why, but it really moved me. Excellent job.

I. Mime
Enchantermon chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
So simple, and yet so elegant. Very good.
incognegro chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
DELIGHTFULLY BRIEF, COMPACT, AND CONCISE! So much power in so few words-and really, that's what good poetry is! Your work is going in my favorites.
myheartiswaypastbeating chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
I like it very much.
loveshouldnthurt chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
good. i don't usually enjoy haikues but this one i really like!
PerpetualBliss44 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Perfect.
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
that is cool, kinda evil sounding, but i like it
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
interesting idea. nice haiku

keep writing
tabiboi chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
damn. so true. so sad and short, very to the point. good job.
bipedalcooney chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Nicely written, I like this. Keep it up.
Cognoscente chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Woot! Pretty 'cop out poem'! lol, keep writing mutha fo!

God you're so going to kill me for that last line...
AK the Twilight chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Haiku's are very odd to me, but still, this is another example of how so much can be said in such a short time. The message is sort of gray in areas, but the feeling of question is a strong point. Overall, good job.
Randomisation chapter 1 . 10/5/2006