Reviews for That Essay That Everyone Else Writes
Amei666 chapter 11 . 10/17/2008
New languages... very complicated. Why don't people just take hte easy route and say they're speaking "The Language of the Angels" but it's just in English for the readers' sakes? That's what I would do.

One thing though: with your example of French, it's anctually BANGS (beauty, age, goodness, number, size). I can't help but say that because it was pounded through my head in French 2, and don't even get me started on "B SEFF CLAMPS" and all those other 'helpful' acronyms...
Amei666 chapter 10 . 10/17/2008
I love you. Why? Because you just brought up two of my favorite topics: weaponry and disease. I memorize dozens of these things and then people just write down "sword" or "lung problems". People are so fragile that you have to be specific on how they die; there's so many variations! I was just about to suggest a chapter on weaponry and death, but I guess I don't have to...
Amei666 chapter 9 . 10/17/2008
I love science, you love science; it's like we have an indirect bond that will never surmount to anything! *cough*

The comic relief rules... end of story. When combined with a Mary Sue protagonist, the sidekick is only the bestest there is. Yes, I did just write the word "bestest". Because it's true. Anyway, I agree that the comic relief should never be subjected to a similar personality like the protagonist.
Amei666 chapter 8 . 10/17/2008
Hm, I suppose that reviews aren't very detailed, but personally, I get excited to know that someone read my story (AND doesn't hate it) let alone recieve constructive criticizm and all. That's why, so far, I've pretty much've been reviewing every chapter; because most people don't review at all. So, I'm sorry if I annoy you. As for flames, don't they just make you laugh? They make me laugh.

But besides that, this chapter has some very good points, especially the first one. My friend was flamed by someone once who "hated their title, and how it sucks". We laughed. Oh, by the way, how am I doing with your review-rules?
Amei666 chapter 6 . 10/15/2008
Ah, thanks for this chapter. I can never manage to fit what I want in the summary... You're making me feel like such a n00b right now, heh.
Amei666 chapter 5 . 10/15/2008
Are you kidding? I found the story to be very funny.

“We tried everything, even thirty two cc’s of Normal and fifteen cc’s of Constructive Criticism. No response,” Merlin sighed. “Perhaps you can help us. You see, Miss, we found traces of-”

“I know!” Melinda interjected. She cast her eyes away from the doctor and reseated herself.

Oh, the drama of it all!
Amei666 chapter 4 . 10/15/2008
Hahaha, drugs... good times- um, well, the math hurt my brain at first until I adjusted. You had me excited when you said the force though... :(
Amei666 chapter 3 . 10/15/2008
I agree, prophecies are usually a drag. I like how you made an example for this chapter. Examples are always fun.
Amei666 chapter 2 . 10/15/2008
Yes, villains are always my favorite characters. I love this chapter, but from a fantasy/sci-fi inclined reader/writer, you need a at least semi-stereotypical villain for it to work.

And I can't think of much of a drive a villain has besides what you lsited and insanity. Insanity is over used as well.

Once again, I have myself checking over my own story...
Amei666 chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Nice, this sounds interesting. I agree, lots of unoriginal stories on this site... but I can't say I haven't written at least one myself. Heh, you have me looking over my main story to see if it's cliche or not.
OutcastAmongOthers chapter 7 . 10/10/2008
I was bored and stumbled upon this...very very honest...

and "Tales From The Fireside XXII: Who Moved My Smore? made me laugh..

I'd liked to say that this was very helpful, and I'm grateful for the advice...Thank You
Liz Elliott chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
I don't think use of clichés is necessarily a bad thing. It's all in the execution. Besides, there are some traits that a villain is always going to have, such as a distinct lack of morality. That's what makes them a villain. To be completely free of cliché, a villain would have to be ... good. But of course, then they wouldn't be a villain any more.
StoryBookDreamer chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
“Harry is a half-vampire and tries to seduce Draco (or vice versa)” or a “Let’s see how far I can copy High School Musical without total copyright infringement”

Wow :). I'd consider myself a young writer, but I'm not stupid enough to try and pull off anything like that... Besides, what's the excitement in writing something that's already been done...

Your observations are very interesting.
holiday road chapter 12 . 6/17/2008
I think this is hilarious and very enlightening, haha... I'm sorry, I can't leave a better review, but this is really good and clever. FP should have a book with this information in it haha... and as for a new idea... I dunno, why not go over the obsession with describing their characters in big, hulky paragraphs, or the obsession over unreal/unbelievable/totally forced 'uniqueness'?

]
anonymous chapter 10 . 6/8/2008
On the originality of the Japanese writing system:

Isn't only Kanji based on the Chinese writing system?

I thought Katakana and Hiragana were created solely by the Japanese.

Might be wrong though, so if I am, kindly ignore this review!
209 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »