Reviews for when angels deserve to die
Carus chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
This is so unbelievably sad and emotional...mainly because of the child's viewpoint it is told from.

This has to be one of the best poems I've ever read...I'm not even religious.

It made me cry - I'm sorry you had to go through that and I hope things are working out better for you now.

-Amy
disabled account chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
This was so ... I don't know what to say, really. The first word that comes to mind is "powerful," but it doesn't seem quite enough. It was purely, delicately, expressive written - and let me tell You, it hurt too much to read, too. Stunning. Adieu, Kat
bitterpaper chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Wow. I am speechless. Your religious struggle sounds very much like mine.

I'm sorry the other parts are true. ::Hugs::

This is so captivating and haunting. Honestly, I almost screamed with frustration, the whole scenario was so familiar to me. Excepting some parts I felt like you'd written about me when I was that age.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
I really like the format here... this is an extremely raw and powerful piece.. beautifully done... one of your bests
Stardust'n'Wanderlust chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
Oh my God. I'm crying.

You don't deserve this.
niara01 chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Undescribely beautiful and moving.

It made me feel very sad while reading.
xpirateslifex chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
wow...thats all i can say..those words just blasted out of the screen and just sketched themself in my mind...dont stop writing!
lackluster chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
-i truly have nothing to say. never having been too religious myself, i can't say i can really relate, but it's too much not to be able to be affected by it. i just- i don't know.

sometimes i want to believe. sometimes it's impossible. it's too much. i'd rather not think about it at all.

your poem is really something.
she's not breathing chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
pretty, darling. & i can't - i just - there isn't anything. but amazing. absolutely amazing. & fuck yes you're courageous & far more so than i am. don't argue. this is - i just can't.

-kait
Mind-of-Vincent chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
this was so interesting. i loved your style. some of it was confusing, but overall understandable. i can't criticize you because you have your own way of writing. i like it, too. i think all powerful writers have different formats, which is why a lot of the most phenomenal, original writers (like shakespeare) like to keep their own methods. i'm the same way. keep up the good work.

and definetely keep writing.
Chaos Apple chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
I supposed that there might have been some additional details added, but we all do that. You believe in god? Tsk tsk. Though, everyone is allowed their own opinion. I stopped believing when I was 12, and every year since then, on Easter, my mother asks me why, and I suppose she'll continue to do it till she's dead. Every year I have to make her see that my beliefs and values mean somnething to me, nad I hate having to defend my choices to somone who doesn't even care.

Well, good luck with the god thing-I'll be getting in touch with you soon, so we'll talk about it then. You should be online more oftenit's hard to catch you, Alison.

Alice
Porphyro's Madeline chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Wow...just seems so real, like its been scratching at your gut.
this young lady chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
&& what can I say?

I certainly am not worthy of commenting on your pain.I wouldn't dream of telling you to Stop - because - you wouldn't,would can't.

I can't even relate to this one very much...can I just say you wrote it in a very dark,twisted yet gorgeous way,and it is quite heartbreaking to think it is Real.

i love you angel
myno chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Of course I remember you! I have admired your poetry since I discovered it.

This poem makes me ache for two reasons: first, it is mostly true, and I wish nobody had to hurt that badly. Second, it reminds me of myself.

In my religion- I'm Mormon- we are taught that Jesus will come to earth again in the future. I went to church every week and I prayed sometimes and my parents did read the bible to me from time to time. I learned that Jesus loved the little children, and I hoped that he would come again while I was still young enough to love. I turned twelve and still he hadn't come. I learned he loved the innocent, the pure in heart, and I hoped he'd come again while I was still good enough to love. My life fell apart that year, and still he did not come. I didn't cut, but I selfharmed in other ways. I wasn't bulimic, but I was anorexic, and I starved away a third of my body weight. You and I have a lot in common.

I lost hope. I turned suicidal. I stopped believing in God and then I decided that I believed in God but I thought that I had done too much wrong to deserve His love. I started faking sick to skip church. I stopped praying and reading the scriptures.

At fourteen I moved to Sweden. I considered myself a sinner. I found friendship in a lovely mormon church here. I saw how happy the other youth at church were, and I wanted that happiness so much that it hurt. I starting going to church more and more often. On my sixteenth birthday, I talked to the Bishop who presides over my church. He is young, about 35, and gentle and kind and understanding. I don't know why, but after a lifetime of not trusting anyone, I told him my story. He listened. I cried. He held me and promised to help. I've talked to him many, many times since then. I am almost 17 now. I love my church. I pray and study the scriptures every day. I know- I KNOW, as certainly as I know anything, that I have been forgiven for what I've done. I've been able to forgive others for the horrors they did to me. I am at peace. I feel the perfect love of God in my life. He knows me personally, loves me as his daughter, and answers my prayers. And when Jesus comes again? He loves the teenagers, and the young adults, too, regardless of what mistakes they've made in life.

I do not wish to offend you in any way. This poem follows my life story so very closely that I felt I had to offer you the hope I have found. You can be at peace. You can be forgiven. You can feel loved and clean and pure and beautiful. It is never too late.

You are in my prayers. If you see even a glimpse of hope in what I've jsut written, and would like to talk, my email address is on my authors page.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
[In reply to "your, eternally": I would love it if you posted 'eternity'. Because, you know, I love you and you write like whoa and uh, don't stop. Love you.]

The poem is beautiful.

The style, the use of words/itlaics is just perfect and, oh my god, I think you are made of awesome because of this poem. It was AMAZING.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.